A Couple Of Visconti's On Clearance At Cult Pens

Driften

Cult Pens put a couple of Visconti models on clearance. There are limited choices but the price is good.

Visconti Homo Sapiens Elegance B nib for 189.17 bps ($246 US in todays exchange rate). That is much less then the current street price in the US around $360. The Dimensions are 120mm long open, 135mm closed, 160mm capped. Which to me says midi sized, not Maxi.

The other model is the the Pininfarina Disegno in F or M nibs for 166.67 bps ($220).

Both include free shipping.

I ordered the Visconti Homo Sapiens Elegance... it was hard for me to pass up getting the pen this cheep.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• 1nkulus

• leporeju

• Chrissy

Thanks for the info! I know the last time I ordered from CultPens, I had to pay VAT before delivery that wasn't included in the CultPens transaction. It still kept my price under the current US market place, but it's something of which to be aware. I picked up the Visconti Homo Sapiens Elegance from them and was surprised at how much I actually liked the pen. I thought I would like the Dark Ages much more, but the Elegance was really quite nice.

Thanks for the info! I know the last time I ordered from CultPens, I had to pay VAT before delivery that wasn't included in the CultPens transaction. It still kept my price under the current US market place, but it's something of which to be aware. I picked up the Visconti Homo Sapiens Elegance from them and was surprised at how much I actually liked the pen. I thought I would like the Dark Ages much more, but the Elegance was really quite nice.

Did you get the midi or maxi size Elegance?

I have bought from Cult Pens several times (normally Pelikan pens) and never had to pay VAT. Their site even shows the ex vat prices if your account is in the US. One thing I have found is when paying with PayPal if I used my linked Amex I get a slightly better exchange rate then if I use my linked bank account or money that may be in PayPal already.

I got the midi size. Ive purchased from CultPens before and never paid fees with PayPal. I dont know what made this go-round different. Are you doing maxi or midi?

Both my experiences with Visconti were not great and I have not bothered with them since.

Hope it all goes well for you.

VAT should not be charged/paid for US customers.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I got the midi size. Ive purchased from CultPens before and never paid fees with PayPal. I dont know what made this go-round different. Are you doing maxi or midi?

The description at CultPens did not say which it in the description, but the measurement they actually gave makes me think its the midi. That would be fine to me, and if it ends up being the maxi it's a even better deal and I should be ok with that as well.

The pen has left England so I should have it in a few days.

PayPal did not has never charged any fees when buying from Cult they just gave me a better exchange rate from pounds to dollars when using the linked Amex then when using the linked bank account. It may be they charged Amex the pounds value and Amex gives the better rate. I just know with Amex it was better then what google said the rate was and before it was slightly worse then that days rate.

Edited by Driften

Both my experiences with Visconti were not great and I have not bothered with them since.

Hope it all goes well for you.

I have heard plenty of QA issues on Visconti, but reports are they are better now. If I had nib issues I am saving more then enough to get a pro to fix it and maybe regrind it to a CI.

I hope you avoid any of the issues people have had. I love my visconti collection and have only ever sent back one to get the bib replaced. I have had very bad luck with MontBlanc on the other hand...which sucks because I want a red gold 149 OBB

I have heard plenty of QA issues on Visconti, but reports are they are better now. If I had nib issues I am saving more then enough to get a pro to fix it and maybe regrind it to a CI.

As long as you are aware and happy to go down the nibmeister route, there is no reason to avoid Visconti deals.

I simply was not prepared to go through the hassle/time at that price point. Plenty of other reliable fish in the pond. ;)

Paying for foreign transactions, it is always better you use you credit card rather than PayPal provided your card issuer does not levy a foreign currency charge/fee.

Your bank account probably will charge as very few offer free foreign conversions and you have better protection when paid via credit card.

Also, ensure you choose to let the credit card do the conversion rather than PayPal as their rates/charges are awful and it adds up especially on larger purchases.

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I got the pen in the mail today and it's the maxi size. I ended up getting a Visconti with a street price of $520 for $246! I am so excited. I should have cleaned the converter first. Ink is sticking to the sides too much, but I can clean the pen. I just had to try it. It seems all good.

I got the pen in the mail today and it's the maxi size. I ended up getting a Visconti with a street price of $520 for $246! I am so excited. I should have cleaned the converter first. Ink is sticking to the sides too much, but I can clean the pen. I just had to try it. It seems all good.

Sumgai!

Glad it worked out. Congrats on grabbing a good opportunity. :thumbup: Many miles of pleasurable writing to come...

Engineer :