Where To Get Spare Pelikan Feed And Collar?

Lam1

Does anybody know where I could get a spare 400 (the vintage one) feed and collar?

I'm also looking for a spare M800 feed and collar.

I received a wonderful vintage 400 nib in a Parker pen :huh: , and would like to use it in one of my Pelikans.

As for the M800, I want to do an experiment and put one of the spare (flexible) Waterman 100 years nibs I have in my M800s, but I'm not willing to take apart one the good nibs I have.

I have tried eBay for a while but no luck so far.

Thanks.

Edited by Lam1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lam1

• Bo Bo Olson

• zaddick

• bsenn

Try contacting Rock Propas, I think his site is penguinpen.com.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thank you, Zaddick!

Excellent idea!

(How could I forget Rick Propas!? :headsmack: :) )

Edited to add: Unfortunately, Rick doesn't sell parts. But he was amazingly quick to reply!

Edited by Lam1

Thank you, Sargetalon.

That solves part of my problem.

Do you know if the a 140 feeds are the same?

A couple of days ago I saw a 140 feed for sale and it stated that it worked for a 400, but I'm not sure.

Just as a follow up, Rick Propas very graciously gave me a hint about putting a flexible nib in the M800 and suggested a hard rubber feed. Which also brings me closer to solve the problem.

Hello

A 140 feed is a little bit shorter than a 400 feed.

A picture of three feeds are shown here.

Longer one is for 400, shorter two are for 140.

But they are nearly compatible.

Sorry, the page is written in Japanese.

for your consideration

regards,

I have to admit that I'm a little wary of those collars. I used one to mount a CN nib, along with one of the 140 feeds noted below, in my M101N, and in well under a year, probably ~9 months, it had split. Also, the acetyl plastic they're made of has very poor resistance to ammonia.

My second try was to buy one of the $15 M100 point units available on Ebay for its collar (with the modern stainless steel reinforcing band). I enlarged the inner diameter of the collar just a little bit, probably only a mil or two, with a half-round needle file in order to accommodate the CN nib and 140 feed, and... so far so good.

Edited by Tweel

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Thanks. That's actually the place where I found the 140 feed.

Hello

A 140 feed is a little bit shorter than a 400 feed.

A picture of three feeds are shown here.

Longer one is for 400, shorter two are for 140.

But they are nearly compatible.

Sorry, the page is written in Japanese.

for your consideration

regards,

Thank you for the information. I suspected the 140 was a bit too small.

Oh, google translated the page.

I have to admit that I'm a little wary of those collars. I used one to mount a CN nib, along with one of the 140 feeds noted below, in my M101N, and in well under a year, probably ~9 months, it had split. Also, the acetyl plastic they're made of has very poor resistance to ammonia.

My second try was to buy one of the $15 M100 point units available on Ebay for its collar (with the modern stainless steel reinforcing band). I enlarged the inner diameter of the collar just a little bit, probably only a mil or two, with a half-round needle file in order to accommodate the CN nib and 140 feed, and... so far so good.

Thank you for the info. It's much appreciated.

Given the scarcity of collars, I may still have a go at those.

But I will also keep looking for one of the original ones.

140 feed and nib unit is shorter and narrower than a 400, but will fit. It does look dorky in it's 2/3s the proper size. Works though.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thank you, Bo Bo.

I think I'll wait a bit more and see if I can get a proper 400 feed.

If it takes too long to get one from a 400, I'll try one from a 140.

140 feed and nib unit is shorter and narrower than a 400, but will fit. It does look dorky in it's 2/3s the proper size. Works though.

Excellent use of "dorky"...

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

Which era Pelikan nib?

'50-65 semi-flex or regular flex '82-97?

Someone might be able to link you to more exact nib pictures.

In it would be a waste to put a semi-vintage regular flex nib on a semi-flex feed.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Bo Bo, I am not very knowledgeable about vintage Pelikan (I know... the heresy!) - I typically went to Waterman for my flexible nibs, since I can find those a lot cheaper on this side of the pond. Only recently I began to venture into vintage Pelikan.

That being said, I believe it is an older nib, before the 50's. It is one of those "script" nibs. I will take a picture later and post it here.