The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Turquoise Ink Turned Green

caribbean sea caran dache

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2018 - 16:23

20180630_113925.jpg

Hi all.  I was looking to see if a new ink color was close to a favorite of mine, Caribbean Sea by Caran d'Ache.   I got the Sea sample bottle out and dipped in a dip pen.  I wrote with the ink and it was green.  So I thought maybe I'd messed up when I filled the samples and got the Amazon out to see if there was Sea ink in there.  Nope.  Amazon was in Amazon.  So I fetched my stock bottle of Caribbean Sea and filled a clean sample bottle and dipped the dip pen in there and, voila!, green ink.

The original bottle has been stored in its box on an inner wall and the sample was stored in a closed cabinet. I had written on the sample bottle in Sea, so I had an accurate comparison.  It's gone from that beautiful blue green of the Sea to .... green.

I'm very sad.

In the photo, the blue writing is what I was trying to compare to Caribbean Sea, and the green is now my Caribbean Sea.

Sponsored Content

#2 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,622 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:00

:( cubed!

Hopefully mine is still turquoise, but have too many pens inked to even think about it.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caribbean sea, caran dache

Sponsored Content

|