• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• Bo Bo Olson

• texasniteowl

• bbs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have heard of Nova and some other polish that is sold for cars that is good for MX-5 plastic windows. I have owned maybe five different MX-5/Miata. Most had glass rear windows but not the early ones."""" :thumbup:

The mountain twisties start 7 miles from my home. :P The Odenwald lays in and behind them. There is a place some 30 minutes away....flat farmer fields where I practice my drifting. One does have to practice. I prefer at night, so one can use the whole road and no bikes are in the way.

I have to admit I don't drift the mountains as much as I use too. But the car will and practice is fun too. I just don't go driving at night as much as once.

Drifting was a key point of me getting my that year model MX-5. It could drift.

I only have my 2000 mdl metal flake racing green MS-5 (can never remember the other name)....6 gears, solid torque curve no drop off like with 5 gears.. (Having the car, had MB Racing Green in my hand :headsmack: . :wallbash: The most Hated Ink in the Whole World!!!! ....but the advice back then was buy the bottle and toss the ink....MB was real hated. So I bought Sepia (E-12) thinking it was brown. Was brownish....a great ink. Even bought a second bottle later for E-19.

I understand if you have three unopened bottles of it, you can send your kid to three years of Harvard or 4 years of Yale.

Glass window.....one of the minus points of a BMW Z-3 was a plastic window and it leaked, when I was looking.

I bought it as a Roadster, comfort, great ride...that I can drift if I want outside of ABS no electronic scnic scnac. . I did not want to feel every dust mote on the road with a Lotus....2 " seats. ...and have my hands go to sleep on the autobahn.

It's not an autobahn car....will only do 125 max.... I tend to cruise at 115, wife at 120. Once while driving back from watching Saunders KO Wlad at Hannover, a Corvette edged by us, and my wife dryly said, 'We need a few more horsepower'. :)

The first thing I did was find Alley streets, roads with rows of trees along them. I had one near by, found some across Germany on my way to the Kingdom of Alley streets. The Island of Rugen. ....the natives are worse than the Scots.....I was always surprised they'd not taken a coat of paint....and those trees are are real big, when one hopes the on racing car does know the the CM how wide his car is.... :happyberet: Nice big 3-4 foot wide tall trees along a skinny pre-war width 'street'. :doh: A tad wider than back road English ones.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I bought my blue M605 some years ago in germany. (Paid less than 100€. :D)

I like the 600 size. It's perfect for me. And that pen has the ideal colour for blue or dark blue inks.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Good Luck!

It's here! It's here! It's here!

Not inked up yet...soon!

But, the pictures of the clip were misleading. To the eye it is much better than the picture made it seem.

The nib may need a little soak. I don't have any pen flush, but may do a cup of water with a drop of dish soap.

The piston was slightly hard to start but once it did, seems smooth. Was just in one position for too long, maybe?

Otherwise looks great so far!

Pictures to come!

Edited by texasniteowl

Congrats! It's nice that one also found a good home.

Funny, I bought an m605 dark blue from a fellow FPN member this week, and it just arrived today. It has an M nib that I may have stubbed some day. (I favor EF's and stubs.) Lovely pen!

So I've been watching this conversation with interest.

Funny, I bought an m605 dark blue from a fellow FPN member this week, and it just arrived today. It has an M nib that I may have stubbed some day. (I favor EF's and stubs.) Lovely pen!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

lol. I apparently messaged him soon after you bought it! Since it had sold I went with the 'bay. Congrats!

I have had the dark blue M605, with a M nib, for a couple of years. It wrote beautifully when it arrived, but I wanted another cursive italic. Pendleton Brown turned my M605 M into an italic treasure that has been inked every day since.

A half a rice corn's worth of 100% pure silicon grease will fix up that dry piston. Smear it on the inner body, under the piston, not on the piston.

I do that every three or four years....Rick said one didn't have to do it very often.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Not inked up yet...soon!

But, the pictures of the clip were misleading. To the eye it is much better than the picture made it seem.

The nib may need a little soak. I don't have any pen flush, but may do a cup of water with a drop of dish soap.

The piston was slightly hard to start but once it did, seems smooth. Was just in one position for too long, maybe?

Otherwise looks great so far!

Pictures to come!

Like Bobo said a tiny dab of silicon grease though the section onto the inner wall will fix that right up. I did that on mine also. I just cut one end off a q-tip and bent the stick part slightly to make sure I was only going to get it on the inner walls. It made the piston perfect!

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing! I really like that pen too. Would love to have the other 2 sizes in that color, but I've not found them at prices I could agree to... someday, maybe.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I had a perfectly good M on my 605 when I bought it, but swapped it in for a BB in some day I'd stub or CI it.

Think of CI'ing your M nib, though stub is nice enough.

Francis did a 1.0 butter smooth stub on my 605.

PB did great work making a Lamy Persona OB of mine a CI.

In I have a slew of vintage stub semi-flex in normal and oblique I only have those two pens with modified nibs.

I have a lovely CI nib on an m200, but the truth is my stubs get much more use.

When I flip the nib and write using the reverse, the resulting line is stubbish & rather nice.

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit late to the topic, but I'm just chiming in to say that I have used a m605 as my main daily writer for well over 10 years. Out of my stable of various vintage and modern pens, it's my always reliable, go-to pen. It's simply a great pen.

That blue M605 is a stunningly beautiful pen. I always like blue pens. Gonna grab one now.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

• 1 month later...

Here’s another happy owner of a dark blue M605. A couple of years ago I got interested in fountain pens again. I did some research on the internet for fountain pens and ... Pelikans just came popping up on my screen every time I started looking for new information. Someone suggested the M605 from Galleria Kaufhof would be a very good choice, so I drove to the Germany and tried my luck. Rumour was they were already sold out everywhere, but in a small town the local Kaufhof still had one for sale. I did some testwriting, liked it and I have been using this pen now for almost ten years. It’s my daily beater so it has some small scratches but I’m still in love with it.

Marc

c5293ff9-a148-48f2-b31c-c82e0545d073-ori

Mine was a E99 Galleria Kaufhof buy. Wife read the metal mail box ads and said do you want to buy a Pelikan?

Two minutes later I was dressed and standing by the door..............the ice age came and left, before she got out the door.

:( :headsmack: :rolleyes: Fro E40 I could have had a yellow 200, but I was a gold snob.... :wacko: I had a 400, why did I need a yellow 200?

How was I to know how rare a yellow pen is? :rolleyes:

Nor did I know how good the steel &or gold plated 200's springy regular flex nibs were. :bunny01:

It probably wasn't the yellow Pelikan one pays a fortune for, but I still don't have a yellow pen.

• 3 years later...

If you'll forgive my late arrival on this thread, I bought a NOS M605 Dark Blue a couple of years ago, the two chick model. Might this model be from the lot made for Levenger?

Mine was sold to me as EF. But it is like what I think is called an architect nib, very narrow but tall, like a relatively spherical nib had been flattened by pressure on its sides. The line width variation is exactly the converse of a stub nib - vertical strokes are narrow, horizontal strokes are broad. "EF" is stamped on the nib. But it's like no F or EF nib I know of. Any thoughts? Could the original nib have been swapped with this one, or altered to its current shape? Thanks.