Twsbi Go

npweston

Sheaffer Touchdowns and Snorkels, Parker 61 capillary fillers, a lot of piston fillers....

(Well, I've done theatre, and cues are important.... B)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

But those systems are more complex than this one.

You can use off the shelve parts to make something like this.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• penzel_washinkton

• Driften

• NewPenMan

Looks cool, and yes, maybe great for my kids if not for me. But I don’t see any advantage to being an early adopter with it being so radically different from their other lines. No swag value for being first on my block to have one since literally no one I know in real life will ever know the pen exists unless they see me holding it. I like my Eco, but my mini vac cracked. So I’ll wait for folks here to review and stress test it. Thanks y’all.

"We can become expert in an erroneous view" --Tenzin Wangyal Rinoche

I like TWSBI pens and have a couple. I probably won't be buying this one though and more's the pity. It falls short on two counts --

1. I'm not a huge fan of demonstrators and would prefer a solid color opaque pen. This won't stop me from buying a particular pen but it's a factor.

2. The lack of a pocket clip is a deal killer for me. While it is certainly possible to secure a pen with a pocket clip elsewhere than in a pocket, it's virtually impossible to secure a pen without a pocket clip in a pocket. I realize that for people who use pen cases, carry around books and writing material in backpacks or briefcases, ladies who carry a purse, etc. the lack of a clip is not an issue. I don't carry that kind of thing around with me everywhere I go but I do have a shirt pocket on all my shirts. One of the prime reasons for me to buy a pen in this price range is (besides assuming it's an excellent writer like my other TWSBI pens) is to have an inexpensive pen I can keep on my person without worrying about losing or destroying a much more expensive pen. This lack of clip negates that motivation for me to buy a lower priced pen.

I usually carry a $12 Parker "Luxor" made in India for just everyday purposes. They're not the best pens but with very little effort and a reasonable amount of maintenance they do the job quite well. They never leak in my pocket, they write when I need them to, they have "gold" trim and the famous Parker Arrow and if something happens to one the biggest problem is waiting for another one to get here from Amazon. If I bend over the water while fishing and one goes in the drink, if I hand it to someone who forgets to give it back, if it falls out of my pocket (less likely by far with the pocket clip ...) and is lost or destroyed -- It doesn't make me happy but it doesn't ruin my day either.

Other much higher cost pens stay on my desk or at various places around my home. Some are specifically tasked to my briefcase or as "dress pens" because I feel naked without a pen so I like to have a nice one in my pocket for dressy or more formal occasions. Clearly, clip or not I'm not going to put a pen that looks like a kids toy in my briefcase and certainly will not carry it for "dress". At home or in my office are the only places I keep the really good pens so a pen without a pocket clip would have a lot of competition with other far more expensive and capable pens being as it would not be carried daily.

That's what I need and use low cost pens for so I'm going to pass on this TWSBI unless they put a clip on it. Making them in solid colors would be a plus. THEN if they write as well as other TWSBI pens I might consider getting one or two for EDC.

.....That's what I need and use low cost pens for so I'm going to pass on this TWSBI unless they put a clip on it. Making them in solid colors would be a plus. THEN if they write as well as other TWSBI pens I might consider getting one or two for EDC.

This +1

I agree that half demonstrators would've made this pen much more elegant just by hiding the ginormous spring.

As for the clip, I believe we shouldn't give up as of yet: fisher and kaweco both sell spare clips, and both have been used for pens that they were not intended for (like Desiderata Daedalus or the Moonman Wancai)

I agree that half demonstrators would've made this pen much more elegant just by hiding the ginormous spring.

As for the clip, I believe we shouldn't give up as of yet: fisher and kaweco both sell spare clips, and both have been used for pens that they were not intended for (like Desiderata Daedalus or the Moonman Wancai)

I kind of have a phobia about buying a cheap pen and then adding more expense to it by putting aftermarket or accessory parts on/in it. That's one of the reasons I shy away from pens that don't come with converters but can take an optional accessory converter that needs to be bought separately. My attitude is that if they want to sell me a pen they can just include a converter or they can keep their pen. Provided of course that a pen is cartridge/converter fed in the first place, these new TWSBIs are not. I'm not actually talking about converters here, I'm talking about buying a $20 pen that's actually a $25+ pen by the time it gets to the point of usability.

If I'm going to spend $25 on a cheap TWSBI I'm going to splurge another $5 or so and buy an ECO.

Like to see it in person but may buy one!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I I think is become more popular brands after Lamy.

But the Twsbi Vac700 and the newest Twsbi GO version design wasn't nice.

Maybe I prefer Bauhaus pens, so the Eco is best version

I will buy one. I like playing with new things but I also want to support any manufacturer that tries to innovate.

Gistar

This looks like a good pocket/ backpack pen. I just might look at a couple for my kids.

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

Due to curiosity and the price, I think this will be in my virtual shopping cart.

Is there any info on the capacity for this pen?

Is it just me or does this pen feel a little... off from twsbi's usual look? I mean the all the other pens look fairly refined, but this seems to be like a kid's pen.

Is it just me or does this pen feel a little... off from twsbi's usual look? I mean the all the other pens look fairly refined, but this seems to be like a kid's pen.

Target customer base is important to consider here. Pens designed for youngsters have a design of their own. Trendy, cool, impressive, the effect that the manufacturer wants to achieve can be anything. This makes school pens look very peculiar in a brand's lineup.

Look at the Faber-Castell Scribolino and other Faber-Castell pens. The Pelikano Griffix, Junior, or the 2010 Pelikano and the other Pelikans. The Pilot Plumix/Pluminix or Kakuno and other Pilot Pens. The list goes on.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Am I considered a young man then? I actually pre-ordered one since the price makes sense and there is a fact that everyone missed: this I think is TWSBI's first snap cap pen which arguably makes it the most effective pen for quick use.

Am I considered a young man then? I actually pre-ordered one since the price makes sense and there is a fact that everyone missed: this I think is TWSBI's first snap cap pen which arguably makes it the most effective pen for quick use.

You'd be simply considered a seasoned fountain pen user who's found a pen for beginners that matches their own tastes and needs.

It's all part of the age-old distinction between target consumer and actual consumer. An object may be deisgned with a specific target consumer in mind, but there's always the chance that the actual consumers will not share any characterics of the target consumer. It doesn't change the consumer, it changes the reputation of the object.

Take the Platinum Preppy for example. Some veteran fountain pen users still use their Preppy regularly. This doesn't mean that the veteran writers are beginners, it means that the Preppy has such a reliable nib and overall construction quality that is picked up by veteran writers alongside more sophisticated pens. Kudos to Platinum for making a great beginner pen in the Preppy.

I wonder if one day we will say "kudos to TWSBI for making a great beginner pen in the Go."

Sorry about going off-topic.

Also, I agree that the snap cap is a neat feature!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Isn't it time for your nap - now be a good fountain pen geek .....

Should add I like the idea of this pen and assume the nib will be the same as in the Eco. Will probably pick one up as well though the fun aspect will really only be the filling.

Edited by dapprman