Homage To Homer Thread

Kalessin

@Tom:

If you want to see some detailed photos of the 2 editions of the Homer you can check here:

You can see lot of photos of the different details of the 2 pens.

~ Cyrille:

Je vous suis très reconnaissant de votre aimable aide.

After carefully looking at the images in the two links you kindly shared, both versions of the pen are more attractive to me than before.

It's a case of quality photography presenting products in the most favorable light.

Many thanks for this!

Tom K.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• mjchuang9

• Michael R.

• blottingpaperforlife

~ Cyrille:

Je vous suis très reconnaissant de votre aimable aide.

After carefully looking at the images in the two links you kindly shared, both versions of the pen are more attractive to me than before.

It's a case of quality photography presenting products in the most favorable light.

Many thanks for this!

Tom K.

Yes the vendor is really pro and nice and he is selling lot of remarkable piece of MB Artisan. He is the vendor where I bought my Hemingway last year and my 1914 Coral at the beginning of this year and where I should buy my next pen in the coming days ;) The son of the family, Gerardo, is a friend of Pravda.

...and where I should buy my next pen in the coming days ;)

~ Cyrille:

You've baited the hook and attracted my attention.

I'll be looking forward to a future post with photos of whatever treasure will come to you.

Thank you for the tip!

Tom K.

Could be this indeed... :)

Man, I was hoping it would be a burgundy 146 with a piece broken off the body.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Received my pen yesterday. The design is quite special. Also, there is a stop within the turning mechanism of the cap so whenever you put the cap on, the horse head aligns perfectly(havent seen this mentioned yet). Pen screams of quality. Very comfortble in the hand. The matte like finish on the body gives the Homer a unique feel when you hold it. Being a huge fan of Achilles this pen was a no brainer for me. I am very happy with my purchase

Edited by Sblakers

I was able to get the new writer’s edition “Homage to Homer” and wanted to share some pictures with you. It was a little bit hard to get pictures from the nib. The only “macro” lens I had available is a 15x that is part of a set of lenses for the iPhone, but the phone has to be extremely close to the nib to be able to focus on it, otherwise it gets blurry, so the picture gets darker (because the phone covers the light) and I couldn’t capture the whole nib. Anyway, I hope that these few pictures give you an idea of the shape of the pen, its nib, size and writing.

I used the Homer Greek Blue ink, and the pen came with a Fine nib. It almost writes like other Medium nibs I have from Montblanc, I guess it is because this is a #9 size nib, much bigger than the ones I normally use. As you probably have seen, this pen’s barrel resembles the shape of a horse. It makes it at least thicker than most of the pens, but the experience while using it is very similar to the 149. Probably the only thing I didn’t like is how many turns are needed to cap the pen. Although this can be explained because the cap is always aligned, when closed to keep the shape of the horse head. The matte finish and the design on the nib make it very attractive. I’m very happy I was able to get this year’s edition.

post-128869-0-69432600-1532114364_thumb.jpg

post-128869-0-94994000-1532114378_thumb.jpeg

post-128869-0-55150100-1532114387_thumb.jpeg

I was able to get the new writer’s edition “Homage to Homer” and wanted to share some pictures with you. It was a little bit hard to get pictures from the nib. The only “macro” lens I had available is a 15x that is part of a set of lenses for the iPhone, but the phone has to be extremely close to the nib to be able to focus on it, otherwise it gets blurry, so the picture gets darker (because the phone covers the light) and I couldn’t capture the whole nib. Anyway, I hope that these few pictures give you an idea of the shape of the pen, its nib, size and writing.

I used the Homer Greek Blue ink, and the pen came with a Fine nib. It almost writes like other Medium nibs I have from Montblanc, I guess it is because this is a #9 size nib, much bigger than the ones I normally use. As you probably have seen, this pen’s barrel resembles the shape of a horse. It makes it at least thicker than most of the pens, but the experience while using it is very similar to the 149. Probably the only thing I didn’t like is how many turns are needed to cap the pen. Although this can be explained because the cap is always aligned, when closed to keep the shape of the horse head. The matte finish and the design on the nib make it very attractive. I’m very happy I was able to get this year’s edition.

~ crod:

Thank you for posting photos of your new “Homage to Homer” pen.

I especially am grateful to see detail of the nib design.

I hope that with time the pen will become a treasured daily writer.

Tom K.

@Tom:

If you want to see some detailed photos of the 2 editions of the Homer you can check here:

http://r.ebay.com/uxLsMy (it is the 1581 edition)

http://r.ebay.com/o1pkBP (it is the limited edition)

You can see lot of photos of the different details of the 2 pens.

~ Cyrille:

I've returned twice to the links you've very kindly provided above.

The photography there brings out the craftsmanship and detailing of the two versions of the WE Homer pens.

I must again thank you for providing the links. They're the first visual evidence I've seen which present the pens in such a favorable light.

Now I realize that there are different designs on the respective nibs — a Greek helmet and the head of the Trojan Horse.

Before seeing these images, I was indifferent to the pen, but after seeing them, my interest has increased.

Thank you!

Tom K.

Apparently my Homer will arrive by Monday morn!!!

~ Reed_thoughts:

That's great to know.

From past experience, I'm confident that you'll have attractive images to share with us.

I'm looking forward to your good news next week.

Tom K.

I just got the black version from the Madison MB store. The "Limited" red edition is stunning, it is heavier than the black (regular) edition. The only problem I see other than the price was the cap being mirror polish, it will be scratch magnet. At first holding the pen feels weird, I can't find the balance point due to the step up on grits. I end up holding it on the body where the head of the horse began. The good thing is this pen post securely. Overall I really like this pen and will think about getting the red version down the line. I think for most people should go check it out in person and see if they like it. Last point, the 149 nib looks great on this pen. Personally I wish MB would put more 149 nib on their writers edition (Hemingway, Dumas, and Homer).

Apparently my Homer will arrive by Monday morn!!!

Looking forward to your pictures here as well as on IG

Man, I was hoping it would be a burgundy 146 with a piece broken off the body.

:lol:

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I stopped by a MB Boutique today and had the Homer in hand (black version) for the first time. I finally figured out the horse — it just didn’t make sense from the photos — and I found the pen to be more appealing than I expected. It is actually quite light, it felt good to hold, the nib is beautiful, and I like how the cap has a stop to ensure it aligns properly every time. I am actually considering buying the pen.

Yes the vendor is really pro and nice and he is selling lot of remarkable piece of MB Artisan. He is the vendor where I bought my Hemingway last year and my 1914 Coral at the beginning of this year and where I should buy my next pen in the coming days ;) The son of the family, Gerardo, is a friend of Pravda.

I have met Gerardo and his father a couple of times - both professionals and gentlemen, it was a pleasure. My purchases were many years ago before they mainly sold artisanal MB pens. The pens I did buy back then were always in excellent condition.

Edited by da vinci

I stopped by a MB Boutique today and had the Homer in hand (black version) for the first time. I finally figured out the horse — it just didn’t make sense from the photos — and I found the pen to be more appealing than I expected. It is actually quite light, it felt good to hold, the nib is beautiful, and I like how the cap has a stop to ensure it aligns properly every time. I am actually considering buying the pen.

That was my experience too, I was surprised how much I liked the pen after not being impressed by the photos. I bought the pen! :)