The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi 580Al New Color

twsbi 580al colors

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mmbilly16

mmbilly16

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 17:56

Have they announced anywhere when they're going to release a new TWSBI Diamond 580al and what color it's going to be this time? I'm about to buy a new pen and am wondering whether it's worth waiting for a while or spending the money on a different pen (in case I don't like the new al color).

Sponsored Content

#2 Driften

Driften

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 18:47

I somewhat expected another one by now, but maybe the production of the precision took it's place. There has been nothing about a new color on the facebook group which seems to see some of these things first.

#3 dylim1

dylim1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:07

Maybe you can buy one now and buy another when the new one comes out.  :D

#4 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2018 - 19:42

It's Nickel Grey. Doesn't inspire me, sort of wishing I'd got a Turquoise.

https://www.writeher...untain-pen.html

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2018 - 20:37

You're right, bbs.  Not particularly interesting a color (I have one of the pink ones, and like the color much better, and if the price was right I'd consider some of the discontinued colors like the purple).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#6 Driften

Driften

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2018 - 21:33

Just changing chrome for ruthenium and more of a gray aluminum is not much of a special color. 

#7 mmbilly16

mmbilly16

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 22:17

I was truly hoping they'd come up with 580AL in a nice dark blue color. Now I'm a bit disappointed with this Nickel Grey and still not sure if I get one.

#8 DriftingSands

DriftingSands

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:15

From what I've seen online, the TWSBI 580 AL R is supposed to be part of the regular line up, not just a special edition.

#9 Twister292

Twister292

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2018 - 16:38

From what I've seen online, the TWSBI 580 AL R is supposed to be part of the regular line up, not just a special edition.

That is correct; I asked them on Instagram and they replied it's a regular line now...

I'd imagine they will now release yearly LEs in the 580ALR like they do for the AL...(with the AL, the LEs have matte finished sections anyway)

#10 Spelikan

Spelikan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 14:09

I would prefer blue-- always!-- but as one who lightly sanded the silver section of an AL Mini to create more grip (matte vs. the default slick), I welcome what looks to be a tactile improvement-- if at the expense of Shine:

lev0mbK.jpg?1

bQb1HTb.jpg?1

~ S.

#11 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2018 - 17:58

I was truly hoping they'd come up with 580AL in a nice dark blue color. Now I'm a bit disappointed with this Nickel Grey and still not sure if I get one.

+1

IMO, the 580AL is the best in the stable and some quirky LE's would be a treat.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#12 letterByOwl

letterByOwl

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:04

Definitely not an exciting addition. I completely missed out on the two Orange editions, being a latecomer to the FP party. Been waiting for a fresh color. Guess the wait continues..

#13 Twister292

Twister292

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 18:24

I have the 580AL LEs in Turquoise, Lava, Pink and Rose Red. This being a normal run is not putting me in any sort of hurry.

#14 pararis

pararis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:19

I like it. Bought the 580 AL R, filled it with Sailor Seiboku. Now I have a friend for life.

#15 J_MM

J_MM

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:09

The new grip is a noticeable improvement compared to past models. I doubt I'll use my orange version now.

#16 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:20

The new grip is a noticeable improvement compared to past models. I doubt I'll use my orange version now.

I had that feeling, thank you for confirming.  :thumbup:  Might be worth a punt now...

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi 580al, colors

Sponsored Content

|