Grinding To A Finer Nib

lawrenceloklok

Recently, I am interested in grinding a nib into a finer nib but i don't know whether i am on a right track. I have used 2 hours grinding to reform the shape and smooth the nib. I hope to receive some feedback and comment about my grinding. Also, if you have some grinding tips, please leave your comments.The following is my nib grinding and writing sample.post-136037-0-69498200-1529817949_thumb.jpg

Before

post-136037-0-51324900-1529817991_thumb.jpg

After

post-136037-0-69773800-1529818224_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lawrenceloklok

• dennis_f

• Karmachanic

• Inky.Fingers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats one amazing grind. next step is grinding for italic. after that add flex. then you are ready to open a hobby shop for grinding nibs.

Good Luck

Thank you for giving me this confidence. You are right, grinding for italic is my next plan. But i am curious about adding flex, would you mind to expand it in detail?

That looks great. The writing sample shows a clear change. How did you go about it?

Follow nib meister works and start to grind and grind until ruining 15 nibs then this is what i get.

Follow nib meister works and start to grind and grind until ruining 15 nibs then this is what i get.

Fifteen!?! Ok. Good to know. Note to self, when I start down this road, buy a lot of cheap nibs!

Fifteen!?! Ok. Good to know. Note to self, when I start down this road, buy a lot of cheap nibs!

It takes 15 nibs just because these botchy nibs usually exist many promblem such as scratchy, tines or even tips are not well balance. To fix these problem is not easy, it needs to practise and practise.

Maybe 10. It was a good learning experiment. If I want a good, precise grind to an exact line order from Pablo at FPN. I now have more confidence when I want to fine tune a nib.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Ha, I’ve been hand grinding my Pelikan M1000 nib for months now. But the nib is so big I have plenty to wear down and retry... I may have finally gotten it perfect this evening (how many times have I said that?). Before this I only destroyed 1 TWSBI nib.

I like the look of your fixed nib, but it looks like it needs better ink flow.