Parker Sonnet Photo Thread

PenHero

Hi, Folks,

I've always had a soft spot for the Parker Sonnet Ciselé. It's my favorite finish on the Sonnet. I know there are several versions of the pen and would like to start a thread that will date and show examples. Please add yours here!

This is a Parker Sonnet Ciselé sterling silver cartridge / converter fountain pen c. 2000. This 5 3/16 inch long model features a version of the Parker Arrow clip and a wide, 9/32 inch gold plated cap band stamped PARKER SONNET FRANCE 111N to the right side of the clip and a small hallmark stamping on the back. It features an 18 karat gold nib stamped PARKER over 18K over 750. The Ciselé cross hatch design was modeled after a 17th century snuff box and first appeared on the Parker 75 in 1964. The fountain pen sold for $215 in 2000. A matching rollerball pen was $145 and the ballpoint was $125. The Parker Sonnet Ciselé was introduced in 1993. It has gone through several design changes and is still in production.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerSonnetCisele_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• pajaro

• Charles Rice

• PaulS

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This pen is quite beautiful. I think it will be on my bucket list.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I have 2 of this style from the mid 80's. What were they called then? Parker 75 not Sonnet?

Poxy

Life is like a 10 speed bike, Most of us have gears we never use. Charles Schulz

• 2 months later...

That pattern just never managed to look as good on the sonnet. If only they could have found a way to do cross hatch on the end curve. Just looks unfinished.

I expect it's a far nicer pen outside of pictures. I never liked the way they rounded out the parker feather logo in modern parkers. I liked the more defined clip of earlier model pens. Must admit as time wears on I loose my interest in the sonnet.

A Sonnet, not a 75. The 75 has a different nib.

I had a 75 that I gave to my brother in hopes that he would stop lusting after my Sonnet. No luck

Funny, I held my Sonnet Cisele up to the photo above and it looks exactly the same, but my pen is no where near that large. :)

Very attractive pen Jim - only sorry that I don't yet have one, though I have a number of Sonnets with both steel and white over gold nibs. The Sonnet will have its detractors and champions, as most pens do, and it follows the perhaps more famous 75 Sterling with this reticulated pattern - they both look good.

Apologies for going off topic very briefly - but since the 75 was mentioned, here is a picture showing the different nib as mentioned by Charles Rice - the 75 shared its nib design with the VP.

The Sheaffer is another similar patterned Sterling f.p., this time with the pattern in diagonal lines.

post-125342-0-88046600-1536269183_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulS

• 4 months later...

Hi, Folks,

This is a Parker Sonnet Ciselé sterling silver cartridge / converter fountain pen c. 2003. This 5 3/16 inch long model features the Sonnet version of the Parker Arrow clip and a 3/16 inch gold plated cap band stamped PARKER on the front and SONNET FRANCE I.I on the back. It features an 18 karat gold nib stamped PARKER over 18K - 750. The Ciselé cross hatch design was modeled after a 17th century snuff box and first appeared on the Parker 75 in 1964. The line was redsigned for 2003 with the principal visual differences being the cap band and the nib.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerSonnetCisele_1280_02.jpg
Thanks!

Hi, Folks,

I changed the thread title to broaden this to all Sonnets. Let's see them!

This is a Parker Sonnet Laque Forest Green cartridge / converter fountain pen c. 1994. This 5 3/16 inch long model features the Sonnet version of the Parker Arrow clip and a narrow gold plated cap lip band. The side of the cap is stamped PARKER over SONNET over FRANCE IIIE. It features a 23 karat gold plated stainless steel nib stamped PARKER. This lacquer finish was also offered in Laque Autumn Red and Laque Midnight Blue.
http://penhero.com/Temp/ParkerSonnetForestGreen_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

Hi, Folks,

This is a Parker Sonnet Chiseled Tartan with gold plated trim cartridge / converter fountain pen c. 2003. It features a deeply etched tartan pattern on a silver plated cap and barrel with gold pated trim. This 5 3/16 inch long model has the Sonnet version of the Parker Arrow clip and a 3/16 inch gold plated cap band stamped PARKER on the front and SONNET FRANCE A.III on the back. It features an 18 karat gold nib stamped PARKER over 18K - 750. The line was redesigned for 2003 with the principal visual differences being the cap band and the nib.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerSonnetChiselledTartanGT_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

I like Sonnets, especially since I started sealing the caps to keep them from drying out so fast.

fpn_1474224743__sonnets1364.jpg

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Hi, Folks,

This is a Parker Sonnet Flighter GT brushed stainless steel cartridge / converter fountain pen c. 1994-1997. This 5 3/16 inch long model features the Sonnet version of the Parker Arrow clip and a thin gold plated cap lip band. The trim is gold plated. The cap is stamped PARKER over SONNET over FRANCE IIII on the side. It features a gold plated stainless steel nib stamped PARKER.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerSonnetFlighter_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Did you know that this pen is actually a Sonnet? I bought mine, from Penfriend in Burlington Arcade in 1997 but only found out by reading David Ruderman's account of it's development that it is, in fact, based on the Parker Sonnet.snake-silver-bernard_bernolet.jpg

Peter