• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NickiStew

• inkstainedruth

• cellmatrix

• Antenociticus

Lovely ink, bottle and review!

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

Nick, since you are selling this ink, I would think this thread belongs in FPN's market place section rather than in ink reviews which is supposedly objective.

Anyway its a beautiful shade of blue - great artwork too - I wish you success on your enterprise!

Love the project and really like this blue black. This looks like a very promising color.

Nick mentioned it in a previous post, but I'll repeat it - the first batch of 50 bottles has all sold and thankfully he has ordered a second batch (which I gather are selling quickly too)

Yes! Just awaiting the bottles and the next batch will be despatched. 8 left, as of this morning, but if demand is there, I will continue to supply. The reviews have been generous in their praise so if anyone wants a bottle and a piece of my art, please get in touch: nick@stewart2.com

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Nick, since you are selling this ink, I would think this thread belongs in FPN's market place section rather than in ink reviews which is supposedly objective.

Anyway its a beautiful shade of blue - great artwork too - I wish you success on your enterprise!

Point taken and thanks for your kind comments, however, this is a fairly in-depth review, NOT a hard sell, That said though, if anyone is interested, please contact me: nick@stewart2.com

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Point taken and thanks for your kind comments, however, this is a fairly in-depth review, NOT a hard sell, That said though, if anyone is interested, please contact me: nick@stewart2.com

For me when I read a review I try to decide if there is any bias - are they trying to sell me stuff or is it or an objective opinion? But if ink reviews does not care about this, then who can blame you if you try to sell stuff here? Anyway its a nice looking ink.

For me when I read a review I try to decide if there is any bias - are they trying to sell me stuff or is it or an objective opinion? But if ink reviews does not care about this, then who can blame you if you try to sell stuff here? Anyway its a nice looking ink.

I like to think that I'm a transparent sort. If the ink was (bleep), I'd hold my hand up and say so. I've reviewed it for many reasons, mainly to promote Randall Reeves and his project but also because it's good ink and behaves well. It's a welcome bonus that it's mine. To expand a little further, I've reviewed hundreds of inks on this forum but its never been suggested that I'm trying to sell them - maybe I should?

I like to think that I'm a transparent sort. If the ink was (bleep), I'd hold my hand up and say so. I've reviewed it for many reasons, mainly to promote Randall Reeves and his project but also because it's good ink and behaves well. It's a welcome bonus that it's mine. To expand a little further, I've reviewed hundreds of inks on this forum but its never been suggested that I'm trying to sell them - maybe I should?

Edit to clarify,

the reason I bring it up it has nothing to do with you, its about this site FPN, I've seen it over the years get more and more commercial, from when I first joined. Its kind of sad to see even places like ink reviews which used to be objective, turning into sales forums.

I know you are just trying to sell your cool looking ink.....but there is another section called the market place to sell your stuff or theres the classifieds.

AND IT CAME! Woo Hoo! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

My bottle of Randall Blue-Black was in my mailbox when I went out a little while ago, complete with its little artwork swab. :D

Haven't even had a chance to get the tape off the cap yet. I just wanted to log on and let people know.... :cloud9:

Hoping I like the color. Of course I will at some point also have to see about getting the artwork framed.... :rolleyes: Fortunately I know how to do that (I've worked in a few framing shops). Unfortunately, the weather around here may not be cooperating with with getting to an art supply store for a frame any time soon.... We had a thunderstorm this morning pretty much right overhead that lasted for several hours :o -- and more storms are predicted for tonight and tomorrow morning. Some areas a little east and north of here had severe flash flooding (and hadn't recuperated from the batch Monday evening; in both cases the clouds just sort of stalled and went dump and then went dump some more. At least the ones yesterday evening didn't cause havoc for the big Pittsburgh 4th of July fireworks show, but it wasn't a guaranty at one point that they wouldn't be delayed due to the weather; and if you looked upriver on the Allegheny from the Point (we were actually on the North Shore in one of the stairwell ramps in Heinz Field, so slightly protected, but at one point we heard that they wanted everyone to go down the Great Hall where it was more enclosed) there was a LOT of lightning....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My bottle arrived this week and I really like it so far, though all I've done with it is an exploratory swab and splash, some doodling, and a bit of writing with a fine-nibbed TWSBI Eco.

With the TWSBI it plays very nicely and lays down a dark, solid blue-black line that dries a little lighter and sometimes boasts a reddish sheen. Has a solid but pleasingly subtle character. I will persist with it for a while.

It dilutes interestingly, with the tonal range of a Prussian blue, which it resembles, but more redly. It's not exactly waterproof, of course, meaning it might not suit an epic sea voyage subject to splash and spray.

(As I type, I can see faint lines remaining where a few drops of water are slowly eating up a Randall doodle on an index card, but nothing is really legible. Most of the ink is going through to the other side and spreading enthusiastically against the surface of my desk. Note: you wouldn't take index cards from Woolworth on an epic sea voyage, either.)

I liked the swab art, too. Unfortunately, I opened the envelope where it was delivered, had a look, put it back in the envelope, and put that in my bag to take home. By the time I fished it out for a second look, a gluey bit of the envelope had attacked the very centre of the image, and has rather ruined its meditative mood. Slaps forehead: Next time separate art and adhesive!

Edited by ad_nib

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

I still need to frame my "swab" artwork from Nick. I need to remember that the local arts and crafts thrift shop has inexpensive small frames for sale (it's the place where I found a Cross Verve last fall for a buck... :rolleyes:). I was in the place yesterday since I had been in the neighborhood, seeing a special exhibit of Impressionist through mid 20th art from a private collection (I went on Wednesday, and then went back on Thursday to take pictures, since -- amazingly -- photography was allowed at the exhibit...). No pens yesterday, but I picked up a pack of Berol Turquoise 2H leads.

Fortunately I have some experience in doing framing, and have acid free white mat board in the house at the moment.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My bottle arrived this week and I really like it so far, though all I've done with it is an exploratory swab and splash, some doodling, and a bit of writing with a fine-nibbed TWSBI Eco.

With the TWSBI it plays very nicely and lays down a dark, solid blue-black line that dries a little lighter and sometimes boasts a reddish sheen. Has a solid but pleasingly subtle character. I will persist with it for a while.

It dilutes interestingly, with the tonal range of a Prussian blue, which it resembles, but more redly. It's not exactly waterproof, of course, meaning it might not suit an epic sea voyage subject to splash and spray.

(As I type, I can see faint lines remaining where a few drops of water are slowly eating up a Randall doodle on an index card, but nothing is really legible. Most of the ink is going through to the other side and spreading enthusiastically against the surface of my desk. Note: you wouldn't take index cards from Woolworth on an epic sea voyage, either.)

I liked the swab art, too. Unfortunately, I opened the envelope where it was delivered, had a look, put it back in the envelope, and put that in my bag to take home. By the time I fished it out for a second look, a gluey bit of the envelope had attacked the very centre of the image, and has rather ruined its meditative mood. Slaps forehead: Next time separate art and adhesive!

Thanks for posting your initial trials with Randall. Remind me of your address and I'll send you another art swatch. Nick

Honestly this kind of "review"--which is more artistic splashes anyway--opens up the avenue for any brand's paid reviews that are biased to sell. At least they should be called "infomercials". By forum rules, unless I misread, this sort of sale advert should be in the marketplace watch or the classifieds:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/blog/7/entry-86-fpn-rules-guidelines-terms-and-conditions-terms-of-use/

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

And he's gotten into trouble for it. At least that's what he said (via email) to me a couple of weeks ago.

I was very excited to receive my bottle just this morning.

I had emailed Mr Stewart just yesterday to inquire whether I was among the lucky persons who would receive part of the second shipment & he promptly replied it had been shipped; today it appeared!

Since yesterday was a delivery of some more new inks to me & I finally filled a pen with a remaining bottle from a recent order, I have merely swabbed this ink & framed my supplied "artwork." I was delighted to find a small art deco frame consisting of a blue glass border with applied chrome "points" in each corner, which fit it as though it was designed for the small piece.

The swabbed ink on Col-o-ring card is as described, complex & a beautiful red sheen! I will be happy to fill a pen, soon.