The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ostrich Flower Series - Intermix Table

ostrich ink flower series ink mix

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:31

42152426024_482415d1f1_k.jpgOstrich Flower Series ink inter-mix, on Flickr

pretty much self explanatory I suppose ... anyway after the initial sampling I posted while ago. I go out and do the inter-fix. This is how I do it, I use industrial / lab syringe to measure exactly 0.6ml each of 2 ink and had them mixed in a 2ml lab sample vile ( the same kind of plastic container usually ink sampler come in but its 2ml instead ). I had them then stored in cool covered ( no light ) for about 3 weeks to made sure the mix do not come with some unexpected chemistry experiment. Then its onto the color table, all are put onto the paper using a Glass Dip pen, paper is Rhodia dot pad paper, and 3 patches of standard graphic use graphite pencil 2B,4B, and 6B are included for those who want to colour balance the photo for better accuracy.

Some surprise in the mix but most are expected. I think I might go off& get some extra bottle of certain colours to made a full 30ml of a certain mix

This is how the ink come in ( 15ml per bottle X 12 colours )

fpn_1529302913__ostrich-flowers.jpg

Edited by Mech-for-i, 18 June 2018 - 13:29.

Sponsored Content

#2 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,165 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:36

P.S I am in the process of doing all the color swatch card but if you've got a particular mix that you want me to show .. let me know about it and I will try to made it available here .. ( there's more than 60 so it take quite a while )

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2018 - 22:24

OH WOW, that's awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#4 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,165 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:28

pls refer back to the old thread regarding the individual ink swatch ( do note they were taken with a different camera under different weather so try not to be too precise with the color, card stock the same, and location , my garden bench area , the same )

fpn_1532323534__ost-im-01.jpg

fpn_1532323520__ost-im-02.jpg

fpn_1532323505__ost-im-03.jpg

fpn_1532323490__ost-im-04.jpg

fpn_1532323476__ost-im-05.jpg

fpn_1532323462__ost-im-06.jpg

fpn_1532323447__ost-im-07.jpg

fpn_1532323432__ost-im-08.jpg

fpn_1532323191__ost-im-09.jpg

#5 RoyalBlueNotebooks

RoyalBlueNotebooks

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,726 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:26

So many interesting shades! Thank you for sharing your efforts!!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ostrich ink, flower series, ink mix

Sponsored Content

|