New Pangrams For Handwriting And Calligraphy Practice, Using All 26 English Alphabet Letters

catapult1

Getting tired of “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog”? Here are some new pangrams that I wrote recently, in an effort to make my handwriting and calligraphy practice more enjoyable. They use all 26 letters, in various combinations, and I made an effort to make the sentences enjoyable to write over and over again. Some people like funny or nonsensical pangrams, or really short ones, but I found that for me it is helpful to include a few repeated letters to make a sensible, pleasant sentence.

• a silvery haze on the lake made a relaxing sight from Jacque's back picture window (letter count: 67)
  • relatively few oxygen molecules are required to burn jack's zippo lighter (letter count: 62)
  • I anxiously watched my dog jump and zip around the back yard, wondering if she would ever catch the squirrel
  • Calligraphy experts have ways to make beautiful lettering, with unique shapes, sizes, and colors, just for you.
  • goldfish swam in tranquil pools with jade and alabaster sculptures above, aimlessly seeking with expressionless gaze
  • fox pups jumped crazily and barked with gusto over quails (count: 48 letters)
  • frozen margaritas do not help syntax whenever questions ask for just basic info (count: 67 letters)
  • worried the tv wouldn't get fixed, peter and jack busily sized up the marquee (letter count: 62)
  • playing cards, fishing, scuba diving, or taking a snooze, were just some of the relaxing options for quiet (letter count: 85)
  • with an eye for a faux, the reckless appraiser squeezed the medieval gold object (letter count: 66)
  • furry puppies and fuzzy kittens played, coaxing the quaking newborns to move in a jumble (letter count: 73)
  • improvement was inevitable, judging by quizzical looks from perplexed heathen (letter count: 67)
  • aloe vera exists to quell pain by comforting old joints in the walking zone
  • the chef and the bartender quarreled over which kind was more appropriate: wine from burgundy or saxony, or jug zinfandel. (letter count: 100)

I recently wrote a pangram for a birthday card for my mom, after she visited me and I showed her my calligraphy practice sheets, with some practice words and pangrams I composed. She kept saying, “read me another,” so I composed this pangram for her:

“Happy Birthday,” [in big letters]

“To an Exceptional Mom,” [in medium letters]

“whose quirky daughter overzealously writes joyful pangrams” [in small letters]

You might enjoy writing some new pangrams too. It’s a bit of a challenge at first, but once you start and get on a roll, composing new pangrams can be addicting! Using a pangram letter frequency counter makes it much easier.

Other FPN users have already collected more pangrams and practice words in posts from years past, for example:

What Do You Write When Testing?

Started by Cowriter, Dec 07 2015 17:31

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/300980-what-do-you-write-when-testing/?hl=pangrams

"the Quick Brown Fox..." - Alternative Pangrams

Started by David_W, Aug 25 2014 12:21

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/272844-the-quick-brown-fox-alternative-pangrams/?hl=pangrams

Do You Have A "test Phrase"?

Started by collectingfool, Aug 28 2013 21:12

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/251594-do-you-have-a-test-phrase/

Word List For Writing Practice

Started by 77kath, Jul 04 2014 09:02

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/269550-word-list-for-writing-practice/?hl=pangrams&do=findComment&comment=3041894

Challenge! Presidents' Day International - Part 1

Started by kiavonne, Jan 17 2014 03:31

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/259145-challenge-presidents-day-international-part-1/

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catapult1

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• amberleadavis

• Carrau

Photo of a calligraphy practice sheet using a pangram as text.

post-137875-0-82596900-1529174928_thumb.jpg

tracing paper over lined background, Hunt 512 EF dip pen nib

Photo of a calligraphy practice sheet using a pangram as text.

attachicon.gif calligraphy practice sheet.JPG

tracing paper over lined background, Hunt 512 EF dip pen nib

We have a written example already, nice!

Have you visited the pointed pen calligraphy section yet? And the "learning copperplate" threads? If you want to share your practice there are awesome people there!

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 1 month later...

Here are some more new pangrams you may enjoy:

• Making your own envelopes can uniquely customize the jotted text before mailing.
  • A two quart jug has a sixty-four fl. oz. label marked on every package.
  • A majority of qualified citizens prefer to make doughnuts over bagels with lox.
  • Lapis lazuli, formerly the source of ultramarine pigment, was a gemstone valued for its unique jewel blue sparkle when mixed in paint.
  • Silverpoint portraits and drawings became prized techniques just for tricky execution.
  • Except for the jacket, the black suit made a snazzy example of great weave quality.
  • Fossilized remains from the Jurassic period quantify the extent of known big vertebrates.
  • Lack of materialized subject gains was apparently vexing to HQ.
  • Alphabetical arrangements are jeopardized if luxury widget maker supervisor quits.
  • Every quarter, more new finicky tax filers have subjectively categorized improperly.
  • Marketing execs still rejected the bad advert proposal, with amazing frequency.
  • Inquisitors never knew the full extent of the puzzling objectives of Jimmy and Adam.
  • Jane was forever quoting zinger lines about exalted primary chicks.

The person who should be reading this is the one who complained in another thread recently about how everyone always uses "the quick brown fox...."

Thanks for coming up with a bunch of different ones!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The person who should be reading this is the one who complained in another thread recently about how everyone always uses "the quick brown fox...."

I thought the same thing for a moment there!

And I join Ruth in thanking you for the new pangrams. This is a creative, inspiring thread, great work!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I thought the same thing for a moment there!

And I join Ruth in thanking you for the new pangrams. This is a creative, inspiring thread, great work!

I'm so glad you like them. It's nice to feel appreciated.