The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Brown Sugar - Monteverde

monteverde

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:04

Monteverde is part of Yafa company. Some time ago the company offered wide array of new inks with Ink ITF™ - new Ink Treatment Formula that's supposed to drastically improve ink-flow quality, extend cap-off time and improve ink drying time on paper. After trying two inks I can agree it's not just marketing - the inks behave very well.

Bottle

The inks can be bought in 30 (and 90) ml bottle. The bottle is made of lass, has simple design and id pretty functional - stable and with wide neck allowing to fill quite comfortably (as long as there's more than 60 % of the ink content in it) even monster fountain pens straight from the bottle.

Ink 

fpn_1529011459__brownsugar_is.jpg

The ink is well saturated and displays pleasant range of warm hues. The shading is visible. The flow is smooth and the ink feels well lubricated even in dry pens. Some feathering and bleed-through will be experienced only on crappiest papers (hello Moleskine). Drying time is reasonable. Also, it's impressive that the ink doesn't dry out when you leave the pen uncapped. Even after three minutes the pen starts without any skipping when you put the nib to the paper. Basically, it's ok.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1529011468__brownsugar_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1529011484__brownsugar_fn_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1529011491__brownsugar_fn_4.jpg

Copy paper, Kaweco Classic Sport, M

fpn_1529011499__brownsugar_c_1.jpg

fpn_1529011507__brownsugar_c_2.jpg

Munken Rough, Platinum 3776, B

fpn_1529011515__brownsugar_fn_1.jpg

fpn_1529011524__brownsugar_fn_2.jpg

Fabriano, Kaweco Classic Sport, stub 1.1

Rhodia, Wing Sung 696, F

fpn_1529011540__brownsugar_r_1.jpg

fpn_1529011547__brownsugar_r_2.jpg

Water Resistance 

fpn_1529011533__brownsugar_h2o.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:29

Is it a little bit like Whaleman's Sepia by Noodler's (without the behavioural problems)?

#3 dan in montreal

dan in montreal

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 14:08

Monteverde is part of Yafa company. Some time ago the company offered wide array of new inks with Ink ITF™ - new Ink Treatment Formula that's supposed to drastically improve ink-flow quality, extend cap-off time and improve ink drying time on paper. After trying two inks I can agree it's not just marketing - the inks behave very well.

Thanks for this review. I'm not sure this color suits me though.

I originally took this ITF thing as just another marketing gimmick. On a whim, I got a bottle of their Red Velvet and I was surprised by its flow and wetness. It's super well behaved. I'm glad some of their other inks have the same properties. Now I'm waiting for a bottle of California Teal.

#4 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2018 - 19:32

Is it a little bit like Whaleman's Sepia by Noodler's (without the behavioural problems)?

Except, of course, it’s the opposite of that ink where it washes off completely :(

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monteverde

Sponsored Content

|