The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Seeking User Experience With Stipula Iron Gall Inks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Intensity

Intensity

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 21:55

Possibly due to the steep price, along with relatively recent release, I cant find any reviews of Stipulas Ferrogalico inks. Im especially interested in the Seppia IG ink. I was going to add a sample to my online ink sample order, but Seppia is only available in full bottle at that vendor (I can get a sample of black, but not interested in black).

Anyone here with any experience with Stipulas IG inks, and maybe also with some other IG inks for comparison purposes?

http://www.yafa.com/..._gall_page.html

Sponsored Content

#2 Intensity

Intensity

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 13:47

Bumping this just in case someone who's had experience with Stipula IG inks can respond.  They are the only company, as far as I know, who offer black IG ink, and I'm interested in their Sepia version.  The inks are rather expensive to buy blindly, and while I can get a sample of IG Black, there's no sample of IG Sepia available.  The IG Red might be interesting as well.  

EDIT: just noticed that Pen Chalet lists some information from the box:

"

About the Stipula Iron Gall(70ml)
The Stipula Iron Gall fountain pen ink has a balance of chemical components with purity over 99% and Tuscan oak galls. Created from four basic components: various plants, vitriol or iron sulfate, resin or Arabic gum and water. The iron gall ink creation has been passed on for generations and has been used in ancient Rome since 8 BC. Stipula has developed a new formulation of iron gall ink that is a modern ink with superior quality and standards.

The Stipula iron gall formula is compatible for use with fountain pens. The formula lays on a light ink color that will darken as it oxidizes and dries becoming an permanent ink on the paper for at least 1000 years."

Edited by Intensity, 21 June 2018 - 15:31.

#3 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 15:57

Their black doesn't look much different than what you would find with Diamine Registrars, ESSRI, or KWZ IG Blue #1, or IG Blue Black looking at its color swatch. 

You can get a 4ml sample of blue, black and sepia from Vanness Pens.....

Edited by JakobS, 21 June 2018 - 16:02.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#4 Intensity

Intensity

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 16:21

Their black doesn't look much different than what you would find with Diamine Registrars, ESSRI, or KWZ IG Blue #1, or IG Blue Black looking at its color swatch. 

You can get a 4ml sample of blue, black and sepia from Vanness Pens.....

Oh, thank you!  Somehow I overlooked Vannes.

#5 Noihvo

Noihvo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 16:29

fpn_1529598560__img_4013.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

#6 sciumbasci

sciumbasci

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2018 - 18:41

Been chasing reviews of it for a while - no results locally either!

Sponsored Content

|