Classic Pens / Lambrou Pens Prototypes Photo Thread

PenHero

Hi, Folks!

Have had the recent opportunity to photograph several Classic Pens / Lambrou Pens prototypes and thought I would start a thread to pull them all together. This is the first one:

This is a Lambrou Pens Mirage, a modern, unique prototype Art Pen designed by Monica C Jimenez in 2017. The Mirage is a cartridge/converter fountain pen based on the large size Lambrou Pens model LegendTM 778L. This 6 inch long example is engraved by the Murelli Company, on brass, using a modern, State of the Art engraver on brass, with thick yellow gold plate, minimum 5 microns. Note that the engraving extends past the clip and also to the round end of the barrel. The clip is hand crafted sterling silver by Paul Rossi. The unique Art Pen comes with a G-380, 18-karat gold nib unit, ebonite feed, by Peter Bock of Germany. The clip, and trim is thick gold plated to compliment the yellow gold nib.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/MirageOpen_1280_01a.jpg

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• zaddick

• Drawing61

Thank you. This is a beautiful pen.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Hi, Folks!

This is a Lambrou Pens Psaróvarka, a unique prototype Art Pen made in 2012. Psaróvarka or ψαρόβαρκα is Greek for fishing boat, and the deep guilloche engraving evokes the heavy corded nets and ropes used on them. It is a cartridge/converter fountain pen based on the large size Lambrou Pens model LegendTM 778L. This 6 inch long example is engraved by the Murelli Company, on brass, using a circular engraver from 1980, with thick silver plate, minimum 5 microns. Note that the engraving extends past the clip and also to the round end of the barrel. The clip is hand crafted sterling silver by Paul Rossi. The unique Art Pen comes with a G-380, 18-karat gold nib unit, ebonite feed, by Peter Bock of Germany. The nib is rhodium plated to compliment the sterling clip and trim.

http://penhero.com/Temp/PsarovarkaArtPenOpen_1280_01a.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Lambrou Pens Gaia, a unique prototype Art Pen made in 2012. Gaia or Γαία, is the Ancient Greek word for Earth. The vertical and horizontal guilloche engraving deep cuts evoke the terrain where the decisive Battle of Thermopylae, between the handful of Greeks and the mighty invading Persian army took place in 480 BC. It is a cartridge/converter fountain pen based on the large size Lambrou Pens model MythosR 878L. This 6 inch long example is engraved by the Murelli Company, on brass, using two different, modern, State of the Art, Linear engravers, one for the Vertical, the other for the Horizontal cuts. The brass pen is thick silver plated, minimum 5 microns. Note that the engraving extends past the clip and also to the straight end of the barrel. The clip is hand crafted sterling silver by Paul Rossi. The unique Art Pen comes with a G-380, 18-karat gold nib unit, ebonite feed, by Peter Bock of Germany. The nib is rhodium plated to compliment the sterling clip and trim.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/GaiaOpen_1280_01a.jpg

Thanks!

Hi, Folks!

This is a Lambrou Pens Water, a unique prototype Art Pen made in 2007. Water is a unique Art Pen, created with diffusion bonded acrylic material, the design is exclusive to Lambrou Pens (previous name Classic Pens). It is a cartridge/converter fountain pen based on the large size Lambrou Pens model LegendTM 777. This 5.9 inch long example was hand made by Paul Rossi. The attractive blue color represents Water, one of the four Elements (the other 3 being Earth, Wind, Fire) The clip is hand crafted sterling silver by Paul Rossi. The unique Art Pen comes with a G-370, 18-karat gold, two tone nib unit, ebonite feed, by Peter Bock of Germany. The clip, cap band and trim are 3 micron gold plated, to harmonize with the nib.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/WaterOpen_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

I thought I would add a few pens to this thread, thought without as much detail as Jim nor nearly as nice photography. Jim - if I have misstated or misremembered anything, please correct me.

This is one of the original sample pens made for the launch of the Mythos flatop shape. The pens were made in two sizes, at 5.75 and 6 inches to test size preferences.This pen is the smaller size in the space blue diffusion bonded acrylic and sporting a #6 sized Bock Classic Pens two-tone 18K nib. The pen was handmade by Paul Rossi. One interesting thisng is that the cap band is completley unengraved. The pen and others in different colors were made in 2008 and they were debuted tot he public at the 2009 pen show in LA.

fpn_1529096936__20160515_132755_resized.

fpn_1529097230__20160404_172305_resized_

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

This pen is one of the first prototypes for the LB5 pen series. The initial prototypes are different from the fianl production pens in a few ways. First, they are the standard KOP length which is a quarter inch shorter than the final version (all the extra length is in the body). Second, these pens use a black cap and body liner whereas the production pens use clear under the acrylic. As a result, you can see the dark liner through the transparent parts of the acrylic. Third, this pen was made with a pearlized Italian acrylic instead of the diffusion bonded acrylic used in production and later prototypes. Finally, the threads on the final pen were made of the pen body materials instead of black plasticand the thick gold band after the threads was no longer necessary and thus removed.

I am not sure who made the prototypes. I think all the issues they learned from these pens made the final version stellar, but I still love this one as the first try. It really shows off the thinking process that happens during prototyping.

fpn_1529097618__20170711_130521_resized_

fpn_1529097681__20170711_130858_resized_

Edited by zaddick

This pen is a one-off Legend 778 SA where SA stands for silver anniversary (25 years). The pen is all had made by Paul Rossi and uses indigo fire acrylic. It is oversized at 6.25 inches and also has an elongated clip to maintain proportions. The nib is the bock 380 (aka #8) size. A sister pen was made in lapis fire acrylic and it now lives at the home of a pen friend of mine. We bouth picked up the pens at the 2015 San Francisco pen show.

fpn_1529098300__20160515_132944_resized.

fpn_1529098334__20160515_133004_resized.

For a full review of this pen, see an earlier post I created: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/296654-lambrou-legend-778-sa/