Fp Friendly Copier Paper

southpaw

Searched the FPN and elsewhere, could really find any current info? Please let me know of any FP friendly copier papers you use, and the details such as: brand, name, weight, brightness, smoothness, and how it handles ink. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southpaw

• Torrilin

• JerryA2Z

• sansenri

good question

I do not have an answer, I have never really managed to pin it, but I do note that there is a lot of difference between different copier papers

at the office I often use spare copier paper to take notes, the office changes brand of copier paper continuously (I suppose it depends on the offers the purchasing dept. gets from suppliers), some of it is ok, some of it sometimes good, some is awful...

the worst type is the recycled type...

also weight does make a difference, anything below 80 g is usually bad.

Fortunately since in the office they often need to print colour presentations, the worst types of papers last very short time and get replaced by smoother, whiter, heavier paper.

I'll take a note of brands next time...

Kelli, who writes the Mountain Of Ink blog, recommended Step Forward recycled wheat straw paper in a survey of copy papers she posted last November. Step Forward seems to be available only online. She said "I am in love with this paper. It behaves pretty perfectly--it has a nice low tooth without being scratchy. I love that you can see some sheen, and it has a faster dry time and is cheaper than Rhodia..." Note that she says it's cheaper than Rhodia, because the current price on staples.com is $44.19 per ream (!), compared to $17 at amazon.com just now. However, a question on the Amazon page from April 28, 2018, asks why it's $10 from Staples compared to $28 from Amazon, so clearly the price fluctuates. And just to complicate things further, a case of 10 reams is $60 from Staples.

​I hope this helps.

Edited by JerryA2Z

Waterbury: And he says, "Sign here, please, on the dotted line."

Sousé: I'll have a fountain pen by that time.

W.C. Fields: The Bank Dick

Various members here will review copy paper. If youre not in a position to buy for multiple copiers, the by the ream price is the one to look at.

Prices absolutely fluctuate and like most paper products copy paper goes on sale for back to school. So if you can afford to buy by the case then, do it. If you have a shop available that will let you sample its worth buying from them. As a kid thats how I did it. Find the good stuff and buy in bulk.

In Italy I consider "navigator" paper a good compromise.

It is also widely available everywhere .

I don't use it, but in my travels here on FPN I've noticed laser paper often mentioned. HP is popular.

Add lightness and simplicate.

20 pound is the office standard in North America

24 pound is my favourite to write on with lined or blank paper

the higher you go the slicker it becomes

Staples, Sustainable Earth, Sugar cane, 20#

HP Premium, 32#

HP 24#

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com