Finally A Pelikan Owner!

Sirsamkin

Hi everyone! Im a long time lurker here on FPN, but especially the Pelikan forum! Ive always really loved their designs, but just hadnt had the money to get one.

I just graduated college last week, and Im thrilled to say my fiancée and her family really surprised me and got me a beautiful black M1000 with F nib! Needless to say I was over the moon. My nicest pen thus far has been a Noodlers Neponset gifted to me by my parents last year, and a mix of kaweco sports and the like, but this pen is something else entirely!

The M1000 has always been my grail pen, but given my budget, Id always planned on saving for an M400 or M600, so my fiancée must be a mind reader. This thing writes so well and plays so well with the Pelikan blue-black ink, I cant imagine using anything else!

post-124832-0-24652400-1528412271_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sirsamkin

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• carlos.q

• SchaumburgSwan

Congrats! Thats a great pen you have there. Im sure that youll enjoy it for many years to come.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I definitely will! I have to say, Ive always read about the quality of Pelikan pens, and this really proves it. I can foresee this thing lasting a lifetime and a half.

You are a very fortunate fellow to have such a sweet, giving finance who will buy you a great fountain pen grads gift! Pleased to hear you like it so well! Congratulations on your graduation from College and you engagement. Hopefully the future will bring you many more great blessings and an every growing FLOCK of Pelikans and other fine Blessings!

Fair winds and following seas.

Congratulations!

I always look at my own graduation pen fondly, so I can well imagine what you're feeling now.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Very nice and congrats! :) Be careful tho', Pelikans tend to multiply all on their own (quite addictive, some might say). ;)

Thank you all for the warm words and wishes, everyone! With folks like you, I can see myself becoming a regular of this forum! 😁

Thank you all for the warm words and wishes, everyone! With folks like you, I can see myself becoming a regular of this forum!

That's what we like to hear!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Welcome to the ranks! Pleased you started with the big bird (I have the exact same pen inked with the exact same ink), I started with an M215 and then worked my way through all the sizes to the M1000. You may well have saved some money by starting at the other end. M8XX's are great too though.

Beautiful! Congrats on the pen and fiancée!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Great pen, congratulations on it and on the graduation ! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but try to use a lot more inks, not just the Pelikan ones !

The 1000 is a semi-flex nib, so will be because of ease of tine spread a wetter nib.

Strive not to press it pas 3 X a light down stroke....which is max.

In it is 18K gold, tends to bend and stay bent, it is not as robust as vintage 14k semi-flex nibs.........which also is 3X.

Semi-flex is not really a fancy writing nib....just adds that old fashioned fountain pen flair, with out you having to do anything.

It took me some 3 months to develop a lighter hand when I got my first semi-flex, a Pelikan 140.

To write lighter, grip the pen like it was a featherless baby bird.

:angry: Don't make baby bird paste.

Pelikan 4001 inks are the driest inks.

Pelikan nibs which are wetter are designed to balance the dry ink, so tend to be a wetter writer.

MB is sort of Medium. Herbin sort of dry.

Noodlers.......well before Noodlers hit the scene, Waterman was considered a wet ink........now some Noodler users consider Waterman a dry ink. :doh:

Try to match a dryer ink, with the wetter semi-flex nib.

A slicker paper will help too.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.