Pelikan Hubs 2018 !

Cyber6

I'm hoping to be able to attend as a non-registered, non-swag recipient in DC.

I have sent an email to Pelikan asking to have my information passed along the the Washington DC hub master.

If I can attend, this will be my first hub. I thought I'd be out of town but I'll be here - so I missed the registration deadline. :mellow: Gaaaah ! ! !

There were a couple of non-registered attendees at the 2017 Dallas Hub.

It wasn't a big deal because we had plenty of space, and they weren't trying to get free swag. In fact, they actually got some free swag, because we had a few registered people not show up so there were extra bottles of Smoky Quartz.

Check with your hub master and see if there's physical room for you to attend. Maybe explain that you would have registered but you expected to be out of town?

Good luck!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• inkstainedruth

• webgeckos

• fireant

Philly Hub planning in progress!

This is one of the original hubs..

Pelikan Prizes (for registered attendees), and a giveaway from Federalist Pens!

Stay tuned for further details!

Frank :)

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

It wasn't a big deal because we had plenty of space, and they weren't trying to get free swag. In fact, they actually got some free swag, because we had a few registered people not show up so there were extra bottles of Smoky Quartz.

Check with your hub master and see if there's physical room for you to attend. Maybe explain that you would have registered but you expected to be out of town?

Good luck!

Thanks! Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping the hub master is following the 2 forums on the 2018 hub - I have no way of knowing who the DC Hub Master is at this point.

Cheers!

I was fortunate to be picked as the Detroit Hub Master this year. I’ve sent a quick note to everyone signed up to confirm email addresses so if you signed up for Detroit and didn’t get a note from me, please send me a private message here and let me know the email I should use.

For Berlin/Germany (33 participants so far) I was chosen as Hub Mistress. Although at this point the registration time is over and there will be no Pelikan goodies for people who are late to the party I welcome new participants who PN me. :)

Edited by JulieParadise

Dallas +1

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

I didn’t know about his until it was too late to register. I did contact Pelikan and gave them my name, location and email address so hopefully the hub master for Orlando, Fl will contact me. I’d love to attend especially since I just got my first Pelikan yesterday and I think I’m hooked.

@Laurmann2000: Hello! See below re: going as a non-registered attendee. Once you know who the Orlando hub master is, I'd reach out to them and see if there's space.

Good luck!

Welcome to the Pelikan club. :)

What did you get? I have a couple of really nice M600s, but M800s are my jam. Specifically, some of the special editions. Unfortunately. I'm eying the M815 Metal Stripe right now and trying to figure out where/how to sell one of my kidneys. :P

INTERESTING Development... the Toronto Hub (Second largest) is getting three hubmasters... or one hubmaster and two co-hubmasters... LOL !!! :lol:

I got contacted by Pelikan to be a Co-Hubmaster. My guess is, that the hub is so big, they want to make sure Hubmaster gets all the help he can get. My friend Gerald (Hubmaster for Hub 2016) is the other Co-Hubmaster!!.

YAYYYYY PELIKAN!!!!!!

This is going to be FUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I like this move from Pelikan and think it is very nice they thought of a way to help Hub Masters and Mistresses. I was chosen for Berlin and was directed to a Co-Mistress. For 33 registered participants I do not see the need for too much help although it is nice to know there might be a back up in case something unplanned happens.

But: In a city with 100+ attendees I'd probably be scared and would definitely love to share the burden to find a place to accommodate that many people or even split the group.

For those of you attending the Dallas Hub, I can promise you a most interesting selection of birds, both vintage and modern, for your viewing and writing pleasure, the most recent of which I acquired at the DC show last week. There are bound to be some Pelikans that you haven't seen before. I'm also bringing a beautiful centerpiece for the table, a Blue Mountain Pottery pelican from Canada that will preside over the festivities. Don't miss it!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

For those of you attending the Dallas Hub, I can promise you a most interesting selection of birds, both vintage and modern, for your viewing and writing pleasure, the most recent of which I acquired at the DC show last week. There are bound to be some Pelikans that you haven't seen before. I'm also bringing a beautiful centerpiece for the table, a Blue Mountain Pottery pelican from Canada that will preside over the festivities. Don't miss it!

That sounds awesome. :)

Are you the Hubmaster this year?

That sounds awesome. :)

Are you the Hubmaster this year?

No, I haven't heard for sure, but I would assume Cynthia (ScienceChick) will do the honors again.

No, I haven't heard for sure, but I would assume Cynthia (ScienceChick) will do the honors again.

You assume correctly. :)

I just got the notification email right after seeing your message. Pelikan sent out the name and contact info for hub masters this year, which I think is new?

I'm the hub master for Salt Lake City and would gladly welcome any unregistered participants. We had a few no-shows last year so I have some extra goodies I could give away. We're a small hub (12 people) which makes life a lot easier for me.

I like this move from Pelikan and think it is very nice they thought of a way to help Hub Masters and Mistresses. I was chosen for Berlin and was directed to a Co-Mistress. For 33 registered participants I do not see the need for too much help although it is nice to know there might be a back up in case something unplanned happens.

But: In a city with 100+ attendees I'd probably be scared and would definitely love to share the burden to find a place to accommodate that many people or even split the group.

Agree with you... Last year I heard several stories of hubmasters with out of pocket expenses for bigger hubs. Pelikan is VERY smart in assigning more than one hub master to the largest hubs.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

@Laurmann2000: Hello! See below re: going as a non-registered attendee. Once you know who the Orlando hub master is, I'd reach out to them and see if there's space.

Welcome to the Pelikan club. :)

What did you get? I have a couple of really nice M600s, but M800s are my jam. Specifically, some of the special editions. Unfortunately. I'm eying the M815 Metal Stripe right now and trying to figure out where/how to sell one of my kidneys. :P

Thank you for the info and welcome into the Pelikan club. I got an M400 White Tortoise and it's the most adorable and beautiful (and expensive) pen I own. LOL I was so surprised by how tiny it was when I opened the package but I do love tiny things so it's perfect for me. Plus I have small hands. I would love to see an M600 (for size comparison) as I think that would probably be a better size for an everyday writer. But I love how portable this M400 is. I got it from Cult Pens and they are offering a free Pelikan leather case with $100 purchase so I am happy to have a nice case to put it into. Good luck selling the kidney. I can totally see doing that for the M815 Metal stripe. I've been eyeing that for my husband but #1 I don't think he'd appreciate it as much as I and #2 I can't afford it. LOL

You assume correctly. :)

I just got the notification email right after seeing your message. Pelikan sent out the name and contact info for hub masters this year, which I think is new?

I haven't gotten anything from them, but it's not the first time. Apparently, my ISP doesn't let their emails through for some reason.

I haven't gotten anything from them, but it's not the first time. Apparently, my ISP doesn't let their emails through for some reason.

I just forwarded it to you. Let me know if it doesn't arrive. :)

I got selected as hubmaster in Boulder again this year :)

Been working on my pen stands (leather) and ordering goodies for the swag bags. Also making another pen roll for a door prize for Boulder (and one for Portland.)

We're going to have it again at the Barnes and Nobles, as one of our guests will be in an electric scooter and I know this venue is well suited to disabled guests.

Super excited.