Charlestons Being Counterfeited? When Did This Start?

Shannon

I haven't glanced through the Waterman listings on eBay for a few months. Decided I needed to check out what Charlestons might be available. Wow. Some pretty poor fakes. A couple are listed at WTAERMAN but several are seeming straight up counterfeits. I've never noticed this before -- when did this start?

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shannon

• RMN

• Chrissy

• Left FPN

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have links to listings?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

If it is it's very well done. While I do not own one I think it's real.

One typo does not a fako mako.

Im a passionate Charleston user and collector. I love those little pens. The one you cite does not look to be a fake.

If you have doubts, buy one from Montgomery Stationary. Their price is about the same and they are in New York.

At first glance, I thought the clip was a solid piece. I recently agreed to purchase a MB that ended up being counterfeit. Luckily I figured it out before money exchanged hands. I'm a little hyper-aware now.

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

What makes you think that the Charleston in that listing is a fake?

I agree it's overpriced, as I have two and I didn't pay that much for either of them, but it doesn't look like a fake to me.

List price is 185 EUR here in the Netherlands.

That typo in the title says nothing. Now if that typo would be on the nib that's different cook... (to doubledutch translate a Dutch saying)

Pictures look OK, but could be stock.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Looks like merely a typo? That seller also has the clear Pelikan m205, if that's also a fake it's a really good one.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell