Saskatchewan Pen Event

Mags

Jim, I found the Guardian application you mentioned for Glenlivet so thank you. No key any longer some sort of cell phone access code so times have changed apparently. I liked the novelty idea of the little key access.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mags

• DavidV

• PhotoJim

• JasonCurtis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Pelikan Hub sign up registration is open today for 2019. Pelikan Hub Regina!

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• 1 month later...

Jim, I found the Guardian application you mentioned for Glenlivet so thank you. No key any longer some sort of cell phone access code so times have changed apparently. I liked the novelty idea of the little key access.

I'm not surprised, but the key really was a lot of fun. I still have it somewhere.

Too many pens; too many inks. But at least I've emptied two ink bottles now.

In great news the Pelikan Hub for Regina has grown in size. There is also a Pelikan hub set for Saskatoon.

• 1 month later...

I'm not surprised, but the key really was a lot of fun. I still have it somewhere.

Did you go to the DC show this year?

• 3 months later...

So it is time to plan another get together and chance to visit. Question is where to host the next face to face. The last time we met it was at the Hotel Saskatchewan Lounge. It is central being downtown has ample parking and there are a few larger tables to sit at and visit.

That being all said I am quite happy to drive to some place new to try another meet up location. I think there was a speak easy style place over by Dirck?

I was going to suggest a Thursday meet up at 6pm or 6:30 pm.

So share what your preferences are for the meet up. I was proposing Thursday December 12, 2019

Dec 12 would work for me. I thought the Hotel Sask worked well last time, but I don't mind trying somewhere else if others want to

Yay thanks David thats two of us. Hopeful we can get to three or more and we have us a Pen Meet up and tie breaker vote if voting on best ink or pens (hahaha).

Are you able to come Dec 12th?

• 2 weeks later...

Chris said he would plan to attend also. So that’s one more yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all I have a last minute trip to Ottawa next week. But Chris is still up for going and Brad is spreading the word at Paper Umbrella so it is not cancelled but I am sending regrets. If you décidé not to go let me know and I will let Chris know too but he was keen to go out.

I let Chris know, thanks David.

• 3 years later...

I just stumbled upon this thread and wow, I can't believe it's been 5 years already! It's heartwarming to see the sense of community among pen lovers here. Saskatoon and Regina sound like awesome places to hold these gatherings, especially with the support from Soul Paper and Paper Umbrella. Have the annual events been going strong?
You mentioned that the pub was a bit loud during the 2017 event. A well-chosen venue can make a significant difference in the overall experience. In fact, it reminds me of the professional setup offered by https://lalightingandsound.com. They handle event lighting and sound production to create the perfect ambiance. Although they're not in Canada, the idea of creating the right atmosphere for events like these is universal.

• 1 month later...

Jason,

Well going strong is a bit enthusiastic but yes the Pelikan Hubs create an annual event in Saskatoon and Regina for the pen and ink journal and art crowds.