Saskatchewan Pen Event

Mags

Happy to shout out to the pen community here in Saskatchewan, Canada and offer to organize a pen get together in either Saskatoon or Regina in June or July.

The folks at Soul Paper in Saskatoon may be prepared to host on premises and Paper Umbrella may assist with some social media sharing of an event if in Regina.

Knowing the community is smaller but mighty and that a monthly event is not getting traction I am suggesting a June event and January event annually as an opportunity to meet.

The Regina pub event in 2017 was well attended. The Pub had a number of different beers on tap and a nice large table for everyone. The concern was it was loud and perhaps too noisy so open to suggestions for a coffee spot, restaurant or pub in either city.

The group I met has both fountain pen interests and is also quite interested in stationary and art hobbies so there is a range of possibilities to come and visit, share your ideas, and meet new like minded people.

Some of the least expensive pens can be the most interesting to have conversations about such as the retro Conklin Crescent fill pen.

So if you are interested lets share ideas here and figure this out.

post-78569-0-13259800-1528037717_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Mags

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mags

• DavidV

• PhotoJim

• JasonCurtis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking of getting a pre-Christmas event underway. Looking to the evening of Dec 21st, 2018. Regina location. Anyone want details?

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the three other brave souls who attended the event last night at the Hotel Saskatchewan for appetizers, a drink and a chance to visit and talk about our hobby.

Our table had some treats on it.

our table had some treats on it....trying to attach a photo one more time...

post-78569-0-23748100-1545489115_thumb.jpeg

This Mont Blanc wallet has been added to my everyday carrying and it is perfect for my small Mozart fountain pen. A small jot pad and room for drivers license and health card and a few business cards and banking cards.

post-78569-0-85363500-1545569965_thumb.jpeg

• 2 months later...

It’s time for another Spring event so who wants to get together in April?

Somehow, I never saw this thread before.

I'd definitely attend a Regina event, if it fit my schedule. Unfortunately, until late April the only available days I have are Monday and Friday evenings or the weekends.

Too many pens; too many inks. But at least I've emptied two ink bottles now.

• 1 month later...

I will set something up for Regina for May. Thanks for letting me know there is some interest. Have a Happy Easter.

If it's after May 17, I won't be able to attend, unfortunately. And still busy Tuesdays. If it's outside those exclusions, I'm definitely going to try to attend, though.

How does May 15th sound to everyone for the next Regina hobby get together? Thats a Wednesday and we can meet over at Hotel Saskatchewan at 5 in the lounge. If you are in there at 5 they use to offer a free shot! If I am a bit late no panics its marked in my day timer to meet up May 15th at 5 pm.

I'll pencil it in! I probably won't be able to make it until 5:30 as I'm not off work until 5.

See you there then. Feel free to invite other folks.

• 2 weeks later...

See you on Wednesday

Thanks to Chris, David and Jim for coming out last night. It was fun and we can try to do this again in July or Sept.

It was fun! I look forward to the next chapter.

Yes, Im looking forward to next time too. Hopefully some new folks will be able to join as well.