The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Flushing A Montblanc 147

cleaning flushing mb147

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gmax

gmax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2018 - 20:00

After puzzling over this for a while, I had the idea of snipping the end off a long cartridge and inserting it instead of the MB cartridge-carrying cassette. 

The long cartridge protrudes far enough from the back of the pen body to allow the use of a bulb syringe for a thorough flush  :thumbup:

It know it seems an obvious idea, but I decided to post it here, in hopes that it may help someone  :)

Sponsored Content

#2 888007888

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:17

I just use the actual bulb syringe without any other aides. Simply fill the bulb up with water and stuck the pointy end into the back of the 147 barrel and squeeze the bulb. Water flushes straight through the barrel and out of the nib. 2-3 flushes and the nib is clean. Then I twist some paper towel into the barrel to dry it out. After that, pop in a new cartridge into the gold plated cradle, twist it into the barrel. Bam! Ready to go

#3 eidola

eidola

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:46

Are Boheme cleaning cartridges available? Perhaps they are long enough to do this too.

#4 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,616 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:57

The 147 open barrel with the Tray removed can be held under a running tap to flush it effectively.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cleaning, flushing, mb147

Sponsored Content

|