Pineider - La Grande Bellezza

Ghost Plane

Welcome to the club, DPWilliams!

I know what you mean about having multiples of these pens....kinda like candy, you want one of each variety.

:)

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• ArchiMark

• TheDutchGuy

• DasKaltblut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more I use this, the better I like the nib. Did anyone get a B instead of the stub? Curious to know if there’s enough variation to make it worth a different size nib.

I have the Red one with the stub nib. BEAUTIFUL writing pen, BUT...it's writes BIG and WET. I dithered for quite some time about whether to exchange it for a smaller nib, but I've decided to keep My Bella. After back & forth with Goulet I've found out the nibs canNOT be changed out. If anyone knows different I'd like to hear about it.

Mark, in the 2 writing samples, are both red and blue the same nibs? The Red sample writes like mine, but the blue sample looks like a different nib?

I have the Red one with the stub nib. BEAUTIFUL writing pen, BUT...it's writes BIG and WET. I dithered for quite some time about whether to exchange it for a smaller nib, but I've decided to keep My Bella. After back & forth with Goulet I've found out the nibs canNOT be changed out. If anyone knows different I'd like to hear about it.

Mark, in the 2 writing samples, are both red and blue the same nibs? The Red sample writes like mine, but the blue sample looks like a different nib?

As noted in the writing samples, the red has a stub and the blue has an EF nib.

Very different writing output.....but enjoy both a lot.

As noted in the writing samples, the red has a stub and the blue has an EF nib.

Very different writing output.....but enjoy both a lot.

Now see? Just joined up and already an idiot, LOL, thanks and sorry :rolleyes:

ETA...I DID look...but did so again and YA...right there...says Stub and EF.

Edited by StormMystyk

Now see? Just joined up and already an idiot, LOL, thanks and sorry :rolleyes:

ETA...I DID look...but did so again and YA...right there...says Stub and EF.

No worries....

Welcome to the club....

:)

has any one written with the 18K nib found on the previous Dolomite editions or the Key of Heaven version?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my beloved Pineider is headed back for repairs. The top of the cap and clip mechanism fell off. Nothing cracked or chipped, the metal piece just fell out.

I have fallen in love with the nib so much so that this hasn't dissuaded me from wanting to pick up another with a stub nib. Here's hoping the repair process goes smoothly enough that doesn't change...

Well, my beloved Pineider is headed back for repairs. The top of the cap and clip mechanism fell off. Nothing cracked or chipped, the metal piece just fell out.

I have fallen in love with the nib so much so that this hasn't dissuaded me from wanting to pick up another with a stub nib. Here's hoping the repair process goes smoothly enough that doesn't change...

Yikes; that's concerning and fits with the Italian QC stereotype. Hopefully this isn't a common problem. Can you tell how the metal piece was attached to the pen? Was it glue, a screw, something else?

One out of how many? Heck, even my old Mercedes broke more often than that. One is not a pattern, much less statistically significant.

One out of how many? Heck, even my old Mercedes broke more often than that. One is not a pattern, much less statistically significant.

+1.....

Sorry, Portia that you have issue though....

I would guess that it's secured with screw....should be easy fix I would think...

I can't tell how it was attached, but I suspect it must have been loose from the start because my nib would dry out relatively easily even when capped and it literally just dropped off the top of the cap. A pic is attached. Maybe it will help you guys understand how it fell off.

post-112590-0-84026700-1532653920_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing photo....

However, it's not sharp enough for my eyes to see detail on the clip.

Can you please take a photo of the clip....such that you can see end part area clearly....

Sorry...I am no photographer and the best equipment I have is my iphone camera. Ha! Ha!

I'd love to take another pic for you, but the pen is already on it's way for repairs. I believe the vendor I purchased it from is taking it to the DC show, where Pineider will be represented. I'm hoping they somehow take care of it over that busy weekend and it quickly comes home to me.

Sorry...I am no photographer and the best equipment I have is my iphone camera. Ha! Ha!

I'd love to take another pic for you, but the pen is already on it's way for repairs. I believe the vendor I purchased it from is taking it to the DC show, where Pineider will be represented. I'm hoping they somehow take care of it over that busy weekend and it quickly comes home to me.

Oh well, was hoping to save you from shipping out pen.....

btw, iphone camera should be OK for this, just need steady hand and some decent lighting level where photo is taken.

Again, should be very simple and quick repair for Pineider....

Let us know how it turns out...

• 4 weeks later...

You're going to kick yourself if you don't. Some places are already sold out of some nib sizes.

GP - I didn't want to risk having to kick myself (ha!), so I placed an order for Pineider La Grande Bellezza Fountain Pen - Rodolite Red - Soft Fine this morning. I'm not into stub nibs right now so I got a fine. You are right, the video of Dante with Brian Goulet was a bit like an infomercial for the pen, and I succumb. Now the waiting begins.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It helped to fuel my desire to own this beautiful piece of writing jewelry.

Rindy_Ruth

I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies. - loved this, and stole it!

I wish the Key of Heaven LE came with the quill nib...

+1. My Key of Heaven came with a baby's bottom nib that is super smooth. Got that corrected at the DC show. Would rather have had the quill nib.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

GP - I didn't want to risk having to kick myself (ha!), so I placed an order for Pineider La Grande Bellezza Fountain Pen - Rodolite Red - Soft Fine this morning. I'm not into stub nibs right now so I got a fine. You are right, the video of Dante with Brian Goulet was a bit like an infomercial for the pen, and I succumb. Now the waiting begins.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It helped to fuel my desire to own this beautiful piece of writing jewelry.

Rindy_Ruth

You’re most welcome. Be warned...they’re like potato chips. It’s hard to stop at one.

So, the vendor I purchased my Rodolite Red beauty from got me a brand new pen at the DC pen show, rather than my having to go through the repair process. And the body is even more beautiful than the first one I had because there are more colors and swirls, so also more depth.

BUT, in the hustle and bustle of the pen show weekend, he overlooked the fact that this new pen is equipped with a B nib rather than a F. I love my Bs and stubs, so he told me to ink it up and play with it a bit while he was on vacation.

I spent the last couple of weeks playing with the B nib, which writes just as beautifully as the F--wet, smooth, definitely a writer's nib--but it's a little blobby because there's nothing stubby about it at all. If it was even slightly stubby or if it was the actual stub nib, I probably would have kept it and just bought another pen with a F nib so that I'd have both. Instead, the B nib is headed back to Yafa who is exchanging it for a F and I will be in the market for a stub sometime in the near future.