Orange Fountain Pen Recommendations

freshmaker

I don't actually collect orange fountain pens, but I find I have accumulated a few...

27661791567_f8513b0f01_c.jpg

L to R: Jean Pierre Lepin Indigo, Edison Collier, FPR Triveni, Visconti Palazzo Ducale di Sassuolo, Delta Dolce Vita Federico, Lamy Al-Star, Kaco Sky, Lingmo Lorelei, Fuliwen 16, Delike Submarines.

...and a few more...

28658882058_529f067f94_c.jpg

L to R: Parker Duofold Lucky Curve Junior, Parker 15, Parker 45, Pilot V, Pilot ?, Pilot CH92.

;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freshmaker

• Ron Z

• Barkingpig

• Carrau

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dazzling!

That's what I thought. Normally they are spread out through different pen cases, but when they are brought together... B)

Orange ... very nice and summer is coming :rolleyes: .

I recommend the Delta pens (I know Delta is out of business but sometimes you might get some pens available in stock).

My orange Delta pens are Delta Dolcevita Stantuffo Oro and Delta Dolcevita Tech&Web Stantuffo EOL.

post-121236-0-04477900-1528038959_thumb.jpg

The Stantuffo Oro is a complete orange pen whereas the Tech&Web is mixed with white cap section and knob. The orange color is looking very nice and fresh.

post-121236-0-87526300-1528038968_thumb.jpg

If you want "orange complete" then I recommend the Nagasawa Kobe Ink #25 Tarumi Apricot.

You will find more details in my short presentation of these two Delta pens here ... https://schreibkultur.requirements.de/?p=910&lang=de.

Regards, Ingolf

P.S.: The Kobe ink is a very intense ink. So be careful when you get the ink on your fingers ... it´s a long lasting ink :wacko: .

Edited by ingolf

https://schreibkultur.requirements.de ... my blog - currently in German only

https://www.google.com/search?q=monteverde+prima+tiger+eye&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-5NCF-rfbAhUGuVkKHeIbAHoQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=666#imgrc=BYC1JzPlSfvLuM:

This Monteverde Prima in Tiger Eye is another beauty in orange, with the black swirls resembling those in a Parker Duofold Pearl and Black.

I have the Conklin Duragraph, Orange Nights. (I don't understand the name of the color. It's like trying to make sense of paint chip colors.) Anyway, it's a copy of Delta's Dolcevita. I sent it out to a nib mechanic and for less than a hundred dollars I have a great pen to look at and a great pen to write with.

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

Some years ago there was an Aurora Ipsilon Satin Orange, and it is still available by some online sellers. There is also a Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop Orange Flower.

Chiara

Edit: also the Pelikan P457 Summer Splash. It is orange and writes quite well

Edited by chravagni

I have discovered, with the help of Anderson Pens' Chicago store, that Monteverde Motivation Orange is an almost spot-on ink to match the 1911L Tangerine.

Just in case you decide to go that way . . . .

Sharon in Indiana

Edited to note: I also have an Edison extended length Pearl in Tanzanian, an orange/black mosaic acrylic. Sadly, I go the last of it at the time; i don't think Brian has been able to replace it.

Edited by sharonspens

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Waterman kultur in transparent orange.

ASA Nauka in transparent orange.

Sheaffer Targa 'orange ronce'

Airmail/Wality have some lovely orange acrylics (or did have, when I bought them)

and I have a bright neon orange 'Camay' that I bought in India, a real cheapie but so good.

+1 for the Edison Collier Persimmon Swirl and the Faber Castell Ondoro, both of which I have and love.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Lovely stuff. Looking at all this orange and turning green.

I decided early on I liked orange pens, but not so much straight, flat orange. Limited to the lower end so far, too. Metallic Hero 970 and Parker IM Premium 'Big Red', and a Noodler's Poltergeist Pumpkin creaper. (Which seems more pinkish in the hand) The transparent red Jinhaos could be red-orange if you squint...

Currently enamoured by the Waterman Carene in amber. Dunno if it counts as orange, but it's a purty pen.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

Because I liked orange pens, I also was drawn to ambers & tortoises. I think there is enough familial resemblance between them that the Carene Amber can assuredly be counted as an orange pen. I have an older Visconti, Pontevecchio in Pompeii wrapped celluloid that is a mixture of ocean blues with orange splashes, it would surely seem blue to most eyes, but I am drawn to the orange.

Diplomat Aero Orange

fpn_1528228520__img_3961.jpg

fpn_1528228533__a88b-diplomat-aero-orang

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

The only orange pen in my collection is a Lamy Al-Star Copper Orange. The color is fantastic, but I'm not a fan of the section given its shape. Perhaps it's time to move it along to a new home where it will be more appreciated.

I don't actually collect orange fountain pens, but I find I have accumulated a few...

27661791567_f8513b0f01_c.jpg

L to R: Jean Pierre Lepin Indigo, Edison Collier, FPR Triveni, Visconti Palazzo Ducale di Sassuolo, Delta Dolce Vita Federico, Lamy Al-Star, Kaco Sky, Lingmo Lorelei, Fuliwen 16, Delike Submarines.

...and a few more...

28658882058_529f067f94_c.jpg

L to R: Parker Duofold Lucky Curve Junior, Parker 15, Parker 45, Pilot V, Pilot ?, Pilot CH92.

;)

This just made my heart smile. I absolutely love the look of your collection - how do you decide what to write with out of so many gorgeous pens??

The only orange pen in my collection is a Lamy Al-Star Copper Orange. The color is fantastic, but I'm not a fan of the section given its shape. Perhaps it's time to move it along to a new home where it will be more appreciated.

What dont you like about the section? Or youre just not a fan of the way Safari sections force you to hold the pen in general? Let me know if you are in fact looking for a buyer!