Bring Back The 139 Campaign

JMTB

I love the look of the Montblanc 139. Why isn't this a standard model? Tonight I sent an email via the Montblac website to their PR department to ask if the 139 model could be reinstated.

Will you join me? Lets see this model come back. Go online and state your desire to see this model return. Visit the Montblanc website and contact them.

http://www.montblanc.com/

Contact us > Email > Public Realtions.

Bring back the 139 as a standard model.

Edited by JMTB

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markiv

• eidola

• niksch

• JonathanHarker

I love the look of the Montblanc 139. Why isn't this a standard model? Tonight I sent an email via the Montblac website to their PR department to ask if the 139 model could be reinstated.

Will you join me? Lets see this model come back. Go online and state your desire to see this model return. Visit the Montblanc website and contact them.

http://www.montblanc.com/

Contact us > Email > Public Realtions.

Bring back the 139 as a standard model.

The idea comes up many times, however they appear to prefer ever more 'bling'.

I do like the 139, very much so. But the 149 is the Flagship model and MB are riding that horse as long as they can. Look at all the Skeletons and LEs released over the years. They know what they are doing...

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Buy a Hemingway / Dumas !

In seriousness, I agree - it's a lovely and plain design, but I dont think it fits in with the current Montblanc aesthetic.

Even if MB decides to launch a heritage 139 (and I don't think they will), it will not be the same as a vintage. If you would be happy with a 139-shaped pen then ask away. But it would likely be like putting a fiberglass Ferrari body kit onto an old Pontiac Fiero - looks similar but not the same feel as the original.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Markiv- could you tell us where you obtained your pen?

The Markivo pen you've pictured is really nice! It's an amalgam of a Conklin "Cracked Ice" and a MB 139 and the merged product hits the spot for me!

MB will love that collectors want to bring back the 139, but they would rather have us lust over their products than deliver what we want. Maybe there will be a Heritage version, but it would be different enough to keep us wanting the original.

MB will love that collectors want to bring back the 139, but they would rather have us lust over their products than deliver what we want. Maybe there will be a Heritage version, but it would be different enough to keep us wanting the original.

Loyal customers should get a bone occasionally, otherwise they get bored of the company.

The Markivo pen you've pictured is really nice! It's an amalgam of a Conklin "Cracked Ice" and a MB 139 and the merged product hits the spot for me!

Thanks, the barrel is actually Omas wild celluloid. I was torn between this and saffron plastic and decided on this one. I am contemplating a second one with saffron celluloid and rose gold furniture.