• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• penzel_washinkton

• FountainPenBibliophile

• Karmachanic

On the website, the notebook is offered for about 10 USD. It appears for that amount in the shopping cart. Then when I go to checkout, the price is doubled.

What gives? Very weird.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Did you order more than 1? There is a small description saying that discounted price does not apply to more than 1 in quantity if I'm not wrong.

Why yes! and when I changed it from two to one, it immediately gave me the expected discount... I did not see that point that the discount only being for one item though. Thanks for clearing that up. I've now got one coming to me....

And you can order the second one tomorrow!!

:D

This is strange because I had two in my cart and got all the way to the PayPal screen with my payment info and address, and it kept the discount. Maybe I didn't go far enough?

UPDATE: I had one dot and one grid in my cart

Edited by FountainPenBibliophile

That's what I'm thinking...

OK, so two of different variants might keep the discount then?

That's nice to know

I had one blank and one dot but somehow they got conflated to two blanks. So I just reduced the count and the discount came back, & I left it at that. It's ok, not as if I don't have too many notebooks already...

I had one blank and one dot but somehow they got conflated to two blanks. So I just reduced the count and the discount came back, & I left it at that. It's ok, not as if I don't have too many notebooks already...

My notebook stash is seriously out of control. That is the only reason that I didn't go through with the purchase. But at that price, it is sooooooooo tempting!!!!

My notebook stash is seriously out of control. That is the only reason that I didn't go through with the purchase. But at that price, it is sooooooooo tempting!!!!

I know exactly what you mean...

my love affair with paper has been ongoing ever since I remember...

As long as there is room available, it means that its still under control :lol:

As long as there is room available, it means that its still under control :lol:

I love the way you think. LOLOL....I am currently afraid to open my closet for fear of a notebook and paper avalanche of epic proportions. LOL...

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update...I've been using the blank Kinbor journal daily for the past couple weeks and the paper is fantastic!

It makes inks come alive similar to TR paper, but is more opaque so you get less show through.

If you can find these for less than TR journals, then they are definitely worth a try!

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I received the dot version. Haven't used it as I have a TR 52 gsm and 68gsm on the go. Very smooth finish on the paper, but much heavier than Tomoe 68gsm. Possibly 100 gsm or more. A few milimeters wider than the Nanami 480 page 52gsm notebook.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

I received the dot version. Haven't used it as I have a TR 52 gsm and 68gsm on the go. Very smooth finish on the paper, but much heavier than Tomoe 68gsm. possibly 100 gsm or more. A few milimeters wider than the Nanami 480 page 52gsm notebook.

Definitely much heavier. My Kinbor journals are much thicker but have far fewer pages than the Seven Seas Writers I just brought back from the States. I do prefer the opacity of the thicker paper though.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• 2 years later...

Currently available for $16.70 shipping included. Taroko's not  to shipping to the UK because of Taiwan Post embargo, so I ordered a couple.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I just saw the hard cover in red only for sale on Amazon for $6.99, free shipping, so I ordered one.  If I don't like it, it goes to my granddaughter.