Has Anyone Ever Tried Kinbor Notebooks?

truthpil

I wish they were that cheap to get in the US...the only American source I've found for the Kinbor notes is on Amazon. But this is the hardcover version...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0SQAFZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wonder if the paper is the same....

I'll have to do some searching and get back to you, but it might not be the same paper. This current line of softcover (actually cardstock cover) journals are a newer line designed to go with their journal covers.

Judging by an Amazon reviewer's writing sample, the paper does seem to be similar, but no gsm weight is given to know for sure.

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• penzel_washinkton

• FountainPenBibliophile

• Karmachanic

Thank You!! I like the style of the softcover much better. Hopefully Amazon will carry them one day.

Thank You!! I like the style of the softcover much better. Hopefully Amazon will carry them one day.

Aliexpress is probably the way to go for now.

https://m.it.aliexpress.com/item/32793284729.html?pid=808_0001_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32793284729&

(for some reason my phone only goes to the Italian site haha.)

Edited by TruthPil

Aliexpress is probably the way to go for now.

https://m.it.aliexpress.com/item/32793284729.html?pid=808_0001_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32793284729&

(for some reason my phone only goes to the Italian site haha.)

Yeah. But for $4 more one can purchase a 480 page Tomoe Notebook. So not such a bargain. Maybe I find someone in China to bring me one.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Yeah. But for $4 more one can purchase a 480 page Tomoe Notebook. So not such a bargain. Maybe I find someone in China to bring me one.

This. That is what I found, and therefore am passing this one up...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I guess so far it's only a good deal for those living in or near China.

The overseas markup is pretty extreme!

I don't know if I'll post my impression since I have not had any experience in doing it. From your samples it seems that it is quite a good notebook for fountain pens.

I actually got 3 for 14 USD but I will need to add further shipping cost to my country.

Really want the Nanami Paper but it seems they don't ship to my country which is a real shame.

I don't know if I'll post my impression since I have not had any experience in doing it. From your samples it seems that it is quite a good notebook for fountain pens.

I actually got 3 for 14 USD but I will need to add further shipping cost to my country.

Really want the Nanami Paper but it seems they don't ship to my country which is a real shame.

Nanami Paper is actually in my hometown which I will be visiting this summer, so maybe I can ship it to you if I order some.

Nanami Paper is actually in my hometown which I will be visiting this summer, so maybe I can ship it to you if I order some.

Count me as interested, please check your PM since I don't want to derail the thread :)

As for the Kinbor, I will probably receive the books by next month at the earliest.

The Hardcover Kinbor notebooks sold on Amazon (https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1) are quite nice. The paper is very smooth (I do feel a coating), very Tomoe-like, but Kinbor paper is thicker. Most importantly I do not notice any bleed through or feathering. It is being used as my bullet journal for July and beyond. I do wish Amazon carried the one with more pages though. The hardcover has 192 pages. It looks like a Moleskine.

ETA: The book size is closer to Moleskine A5ish size...which is more like a 5 x 8in.

Edited by FountainPenBibliophile

Thanks for the information! I was wondering about those, glad to hear that they are also good quality.

The TR feel on thicker paper is what makes Kinbor paper a favorite for me.

The Hardcover Kinbor notebooks sold on Amazon (https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1) are quite nice. The paper is very smooth (I do feel a coating), very Tomoe-like, but Kinbor paper is thicker. Most importantly I do not notice any bleed through or feathering. It is being used as my bullet journal for July and beyond. I do wish Amazon carried the one with more pages though. The hardcover has 192 pages. It looks like a Moleskine.

ETA: The book size is closer to Moleskine A5ish size...which is more like a 5 x 8in.

• 2 weeks later...

The long wait is over and I have actually got my hands in one of the Kinbor notebook suggested by TruthPil.
I guess I owe a quick impression then...

First of all, I paid the product with my own money and is not sponsored by anyone to try this product just to be clear.

The Kinbor I bought was the 144 sheets, white colored paper and with a cream cover and greyish tape to cover the bindings.

All I can say is, I am amazed by the product based on my quick impression.
It looks like a product that if I was given blindly without knowing anything, I would have guessed this product came from Japan. It is clean looking, the logo of Kinbor sits in the center of the book (aligned to the right) and looks elegant.

The book is more than able to lay flat. I did a quick test impression using a Faber Castell Loom (Fine nib) inked up with a Diamine Majestic Blue and it did not experienced any bleed through. There is very minimal show through but overall for the price I'm impressed. Dry time for the pen+ink in this paper is around 10 seconds.

The complain so far for me is that i hope that they added an elastic rubber, but that's just my preference.

TLDR : If you can get this book for the price listed in the Chinese re-seller or even near it, then snatch it quickly. You won't regret it.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

Yay! Congratulations on the new paper experience! I'm glad you're as pleased with them as I am.

I think Kinbor paper can feather just a little more than Tomoe River but it's much less transparent, which is a big bonus for me.

The long wait is over and I have actually got my hands in one of the Kinbor notebook suggested by TruthPil.
I guess I owe a quick impression then...

First of all, I paid the product with my own money and is not sponsored by anyone to try this product just to be clear.

The Kinbor I bought was the 144 sheets, white colored paper and with a cream cover and greyish tape to cover the bindings.

All I can say is, I am amazed by the product based on my quick impression.
It looks like a product that if I was given blindly without knowing anything, I would have guessed this product came from Japan. It is clean looking, the logo of Kinbor sits in the center of the book (aligned to the right) and looks elegant.

The book is more than able to lay flat. I did a quick test impression using a Faber Castell Loom (Fine nib) inked up with a Diamine Majestic Blue and it did not experienced any bleed through. There is very minimal show through but overall for the price I'm impressed. Dry time for the pen+ink in this paper is around 10 seconds.

The complain so far for me is that i hope that they added an elastic rubber, but that's just my preference.

TLDR : If you can get this book for the price listed in the Chinese re-seller or even near it, then snatch it quickly. You won't regret it.

Just found a Chinese site that has these Kinbor A5 notebooks for £8.45 including shipping, which for 144 SHEETS - 288 pages, is a good deal. I clicked the Buy button! Now I wait three weeks or so. I'll let y'all know.

Just found a Chinese site that has these Kinbor A5 notebooks for £8.45 including shipping, which for 144 SHEETS - 288 pages, is a good deal. I clicked the Buy button! Now I wait three weeks or so. I'll let y'all know.

That's somewhat a decent price. Does it apply for international shipping?

Please do share some links for the store...

Yay! Congratulations on the new paper experience! I'm glad you're as pleased with them as I am.

I think Kinbor paper can feather just a little more than Tomoe River but it's much less transparent, which is a big bonus for me.

I see, it is a little bit absorbent than your typical Japanese paper and can see the probability of feathering.

Although personally I don't mind to be honest, I've used local papers that feathers quite a lot.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

Cool! Looking forward to hearing what you think about these journals.

I see, it is a little bit absorbent than your typical Japanese paper and can see the probability of feathering.

Although personally I don't mind to be honest, I've used local papers that feathers quite a lot.

I don't mind either. The slight feathering only occurs with really saturated inks that are already prone to feathering, like several Diamine inks.

Cool! Looking forward to hearing what you think about these journals.

I don't mind either. The slight feathering only occurs with really saturated inks that are already prone to feathering, like several Diamine inks.

Noted, will keep an eye on it since majority of my inks is coincidentally Diamine inks

Thanks, it actually is free shipping internationally. Too bad they don't stock the lined version.

I am currently using Organic Studio Nitrogen blue (saturated and sheeny!) with a fairly wet nib with no issues at all. This is the aforementioned hardcover Kinbor I found on amazon. I am extremely impressed with this paper so far!!!

Thanks, it actually is free shipping internationally. Too bad they don't stock the lined version.

Out of Stock is different than don't stock. Don't give up. Check back in a week or so. Could change. Or get plain and use a guide sheet.