The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help To Identify Pen And Value From Dad's Estate

identify value

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ubwildbill

ubwildbill

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:00

I inherited this pen when my father passed last year I cant seem to find out exactly which pen model it is or its value. Any help is appreciated thank you. 

Attached Images

• pen.JPG
  • pen1.JPG
  • pen2.JPG
  • pen3.JPG
  • pen4.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:57

Model: Waterman LeMan 100
Value: it's your Dad's, so it is priceless.

#3 hbdk

hbdk

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2018 - 19:51

What carlos said. I have a Parker Jotter ballpoint in light blue with my name engraved - a gift from my grandmother 45 years ago. Would not sell it for $1.000.

Still if this is a question of gold digger siblings trying to make money out of every little item, I would say app. £100/$130 - it would be quite a bit more expensive had it been a fountain pen.

Ohh... and :W2FPN:

Edited by hbdk, 30 May 2018 - 19:52.

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

#4 Force

Force

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:26

Yes, a Man 100 Fibre which should also accept a rollerball filler.

Ebay's Completed Sold listings is a place for prices.

hbdk....your gold digger comments are too harsh, it's just an unmarked pen left by someone.

#5 hbdk

hbdk

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2018 - 15:48

Yes, a Man 100 Fibre which should also accept a rollerball filler.

Ebay's Completed Sold listings is a place for prices.

hbdk....your gold digger comments are too harsh, it's just an unmarked pen left by someone.

I am sorry - not my intention - just have seen too many of those people during the years (ex-inlaws).

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

#6 Parker51

Parker51

Old dog

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2018 - 17:36

Perhaps the problem is that some people are so used to asking for help and getting it that their default is to ask for help rather than doing the work of researching something themselves and some of us are getting tired of always giving help and never getting anything but a polite thank you. Sometimes it simply isn't enough and you get bitter.

#7 Xof72000

Xof72000

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:25

Perhaps the problem is that some people are so used to asking for help and getting it that their default is to ask for help rather than doing the work of researching something themselves and some of us are getting tired of always giving help and never getting anything but a polite thank you.

+1 ... or +1000, shall I say.

And, in this case, you didn't even had a "thank you" ...  :angry:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: identify, value

Sponsored Content

|