The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Conid Cappuccino And Now A M Bcb Db Ft +

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 18:00

How do you get a Jowo nib to fit a CONID?  I thought it only took Bock?  I have a Minimalistica with a Ti nib but would like to try a stainless XXF (Waverly?) from FPNibs.

Edited by Lloyd, 01 June 2018 - 18:01.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

Sponsored Content

#22 Valkyrii

Valkyrii

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 18:04

I don't use their convertors either. :)
I have their Pilot Custom 823 (vac filler - 2.5ml capacity) and Namiki Urushi #50 (Japanese Eyedropper - 4ml ink capacity).

Now you are just showing off LMAO!

#23 Valkyrii

Valkyrii

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 18:30

How do you get a Jowo nib to fit a CONID?  I thought it only took Bock?  I have a Minimalistica with a Ti nib but would like to try a stainless XXF (Waverly?) from FPNibs.

I tinker...a LOT. I just try things using caution and common sense. If it is loose or you have ink flow issues there are a few things you can try. If it is too tight though, never use force. Re-evaluate the plan. The F-C (JoWo) nib I'm running now has gone thru two refills with zero issues.

#24 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 20:37

What black-magic do you use to get it to (seemingly) work?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#25 Mew

Mew

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 23:01

Now you are just showing off LMAO!

:)
Urushi #50 is a big pen though, much bigger than Conid kingsize.

#26 Valkyrii

Valkyrii

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 23:15

What black-magic do you use to get it to (seemingly) work?

No black magic and no seemingly. I have JoWo nibs in my Conid right now as well as my 2 Karas Decographs. They write flawlessly with no starvation or fit issues. I'd post you a pic but I'm too lazy to figure out how to post pictures since the great Photobucket disaster. That and I'm just not interested in figuring it out.

#27 Valkyrii

Valkyrii

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 23:17

:)
Urushi #50 is a big pen though, much bigger than Conid kingsize.

I came close to ordering an 823 but simply put, the color and design really bored me. I have an Opus Demonstrator that is pretty large and I actually like, but it's a bit loo large. It is very comfortable for a while. I have to mix up my EDC pens from time to time.

#28 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:58

A Bock feed will take a Jowo nib. I have done this without issue

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

Sponsored Content

|