Monteverde Copper Noir - Wow

Newjelan

I recently purchased the full set of the Monteverde Noir inks and am slowly trying them out. I am happy with the colours I have tried so far, although I found Rose Noir to be drier than the others. I am surprised, but so far Copper Noir is my favourite. While I like darker orange inks such as PR Orange Crush, I tend to prefer muddy greens, blues and purples. However, I am blown away by this ink and just had to share it. (The paper is Rhodia Dots)

fpn_1527486694__screen_shot_2018-05-28_a

fpn_1527486761__screen_shot_2018-05-28_a

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• Honeybadgers

• Newjelan

• Karmachanic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for sharing a very beautiful ink with us!

I have been very happy with all the Monteverde inks since they expanded the line; I have even convinced myself I am content with their Moonstone ink instead of the new Montblanc "Swan Feather" ink. It is a pleasure to find such attractive & usable inks @ reasonable prices.

I agree. A few months back I received a small bottle of Copper Noir by mistake with a Goulet order, and I put it away with no intention of using it. I had an orange phase, but that faded long ago. However, one evening while enjoying a whisky and playing with my pens (to each their own...), I tried Coppe Noir for a spell - and loved it! It seems to me to strike a wonderful balance between the colourfully avantgarde and the tolerably different - in other Words, perfection for someone wishing to get noticed in the office, but not be judged non compos mentis.

- P.

Lovely rich hue with great shading. Will keep this one in mind.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I'd be interested to see this in a side-by-side with Diamine Ancient Copper (which gets crud that builds up on the nib) and also with Diamine Anniversary Terra Cotta (an ink I really like).

Thanks for the review. Some of the other Monteverde inks look quite interesting as well.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nice ink colour. Does this ink stain transparent pens?

I don’t know jchch1950, maybe someone else can illuminate us. This is my first fill and it is in a Black Pelikan. The ink window is transparent green and seems fine.

I agree. A few months back I received a small bottle of Copper Noir by mistake with a Goulet order, and I put it away with no intention of using it. I had an orange phase, but that faded long ago. However, one evening while enjoying a whisky and playing with my pens (to each their own...), I tried Coppe Noir for a spell - and loved it! It seems to me to strike a wonderful balance between the colourfully avantgarde and the tolerably different - in other Words, perfection for someone wishing to get noticed in the office, but not be judged non compos mentis.

- P.

Agree. I am a fan of using surprising inks in unexpected situations.

Love the Noir range, especially Ocean, Rose & Copper.

I think Ocean Noir is beautiful. Rose Noir is interesting but a little dry. Next time I will try it in a wet pen.

I'd be interested to see this in a side-by-side with Diamine Ancient Copper (which gets crud that builds up on the nib) and also with Diamine Anniversary Terra Cotta (an ink I really like).

Thanks for the review. Some of the other Monteverde inks look quite interesting as well.

I have both those inks and will do a side by side comparison.

Thank you for sharing!

It really looks good - it will be joining Rose Noir and Ocean Noir. :)

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Hopefully you can see the differences and similarities below. Ancient Copper is clearly darker than the other 2. It is also a richer colour with a definite "coppery" sheen. Terracotta and Copper Noir are similar colours according to the swab. But when writing with them Copper Noir is more orange and has more shading while Terracotta has a bit of sheen.

I had forgotten about Ancient Copper and although somewhat troublesome, it is a stunning ink in a wet pen.

fpn_1527729483__screen_shot_2018-05-31_a

Here is a close up of Terracotta (left) and Copper Noir (right). The different pens seem to be affecting the appearance.

fpn_1527729803__screen_shot_2018-05-31_a

Oh, interesting! Ancient copper shades more for me, so I'm definitely interested in something that shades even more than that. Thank you for he comparison picture!

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

Yes, thank you for that. On my screen the swab of Copper Noir looks a little redder than Terra Cotta. So while I may try a sample of it at some point in future, I suspect I will not like it quite as well. Although the shading in a stub nib is pretty spectacular looking...

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Do you notice any sheen with this ink? The base colour looks to me quite like a slightly more red Colorverse Golden Record, but what makes Golden Record my favourite is the hint of silver sheen to it! Trying desperately to find a replacement that isn’t a limited edition 15 ml bottle...

Very nice color, and great shading! Tahnks for sharing!

"Oh deer."

Do you notice any sheen with this ink? The base colour looks to me quite like a slightly more red Colorverse Golden Record, but what makes Golden Record my favourite is the hint of silver sheen to it! Trying desperately to find a replacement that isn’t a limited edition 15 ml bottle...

I have only used it in 1 pen so far and no sheen was visible, sadly.

• 4 months later...

I have just bought a bottle of copper noir and am very taken with it. I have seen a couple of mentions that it comes in cartridges too, but I can't seem to find any for sale. Does anyone know where I can get some? Or are the statements not correct?

Arcadian from Denmark - I share your pleasure in drinking whisky of an evening while playing with my pens. Skål!

Peter

Arcadian from Denmark - I share your pleasure in drinking whisky of an evening while playing with my pens. Skål!

Peter

Skål, Peter! ;)

Peter, Arcadian, that makes three of us. For me it’s usually a Very Old Barton Bottled in Bond, which is getting tough to find outside of Kentucky.

Barkingpig, I agree completely on Monteverde’s new inks. Excellent quality at a reasonable price. This copper noir reminds me of KWZ monarch.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers