Unreal Cultpens Prices Memorial Day Weekend

leporeju

Thanks for the pointer. Picked up a blue-black M800 + a free single pen case (a Pelikan promotion they are doing) + their 80ml deep dark purple for £234.92 which was around 312 with free shipping to the US. Best deal I could find, and I've been thinking about buying that pen for quite a while.

-Otter1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloyd

• Astronymus

• leporeju

• Driften

Do they charge VAT to USA addresses?

NO VAT is deducted from prices shipped to the USA. This should reflect when you pay for the item.....

Lee Rappeport

You jumped onto a post that isn’t true, without checking the facts whatsoever, just because it was something you would like to believe.

I just found it ironic you wanted to share your uninformed opinion due to another uninformed opinion.

Uhm, sorry, but I didn't say that Cult Pens does this. I just explained to the thread opener that this is a common mechanism on many websites - which is actually a fact. So there was only the possibility that this caused his difference in prices. Well, irony. Not so much.

I don't intend to contradict anyone. When I looked at the 805 Stresemann, it was $291 US. Today, it is slightly lower ($288).

I don't intend to contradict anyone. When I looked at the 805 Stresemann, it was $291 US. Today, it is slightly lower ($288).

That probably has to do with fluctuations in the currency market: the Cult Pens website will list its prices in pounds sterling, which will be converted according to whatever currency conversion tool they're hooked into - which will probably change from day to day.

I suspect the *original* price difference had to do with one device (the computer) being identified as international, and VAT being removed from prices, while the iPhone was giving the VAT inclusive price. I'm only speculating, but since no-one else has experienced the same problem, I think it's a good guess!

How/where do you get a USD value. All I see for that pen is £250.00 ex VAT

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

How/where do you get a USD value. All I see for that pen is £250.00 ex VAT

You can google for the conversion. As of right now one pound is equal to $1.33. A few days ago it was a 1 to $1.35.

Cult Pens does not show the conversion but if you have an account and show a US address it shows you the non-VAT price. Otherwise they show in small type the non-vat next to the larger VAT amount.

How are you getting it to show you anything other then 250 (ex vat) pounds at cultpens.com?

How does 250*1.33 get to $288?

Edited by Lloyd

Oscar Wilde

How are you getting it to show you anything other then 250 (ex vat) pounds at cultpens.com?

Should have checked that before answering earlier: I don't get prices in AUD either, only pounds sterling.

Uhm, sorry, but I didn't say that Cult Pens does this. I just explained to the thread opener that this is a common mechanism on many websites - which is actually a fact. So there was only the possibility that this caused his difference in prices. Well, irony. Not so much.

The price is same for everyone. Linux, ios, android, windows. Dont have OSX, but Im pretty sure its the same. I checked for other platforms.

People here, I think, mixed up prices between M405 and M805, as well as VAT/no VAT price difference, and on top of that the currency conversion, which is different depending on which exchange rates you choose.

To clear the confusion, the

M405 Stresemann is

237 GBP incl. VAT

197.5 GBP without VAT

M805 Stresemann is

300 GBP incl. VAT

250GBP without VAT

Im not 100% sure, but I think this is the same price Cult Pens has had for these pens for a while now.

Edited by invisuu

So we all know now Cult Pens doesn't use this vicious technique.

So we all know now Cult Pens doesn't use this vicious technique.

Yes but I'd still like to know: how does 250*1.33 get to $288USD?

Oscar Wilde