Unreal Cultpens Prices Memorial Day Weekend

leporeju

Just walked around CultPens on my PC (which made a difference in prices relative to my iPhone) and there were some mind-blowing prices: Pelikan M805 Anthracite under $300, incl Vat and free shipping; Visconti Homo Sapiens Elegance for $219. Not everything is cheap but there are other deals to be had for Caran DAche, Pelikan, Platinum. Might be worth a visit.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloyd

• Astronymus

• leporeju

• invisuu

Prices on Apple devices are usually higher than on others. They know who is willing to pay a higher price for an ordinary phone only because a bitten apple is on it will also do that in their shop. Many shops, portals and sellers use this technique.

All I had to do to see the lower prices were to login to the website. It showed the higher prices otherwise.

Update... no difference in price for me from my Mac. For a moment I thought it was because it had the proper area from logging in and showed the no vat price instead of having to look at the smaller font price for non-vat...

Edited by Driften

Do they charge VAT to USA addresses?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Yes, they do. Many prices are better than competitive. A Pelikan Sourveran M805 Stresemann Arthracite came to under $300 even with VAT.

Really? When I bought ink from them a few months back they did not charge me VAT. Did they change their policy or is there a threshold where they charge VAT?

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

As far as I can tell, Cult Pens does not charge VAT when shipping to US addresses. So if you have an account with a US address and log-in, the prices seem to drop because the main price you are shown is the non-VAT price. (They have information about VAT in their help FAQ.)

For example, if I look at the new blue Pelikan 120 without signing in, it says the price is 128 GBP; when I sign in, it says 106.67 GBP. One might also notice prices have "inc VAT" and "ex VAT" (including / excluding VAT) before or after; obviously, the higher price is the one with VAT.

That said, I agree with the OP that Cult Pens does have some really great prices: that 106 gbp is about $142. And their service is terrific: my orders arrive really quickly, faster than those from other online retailer from Europe.

EDIT: Forgot to add that currently they are offering free shipping on international orders over 50 gbp. Another advantage!

Edited by mamajones

Isn't the Pel 805 Streseman @ £250.00 over $300 USD after conversion?

Oscar Wilde

Really? When I bought ink from them a few months back they did not charge me VAT. Did they change their policy or is there a threshold where they charge VAT?

Just curious: Do they have exclusive inks or better prices than U.S. stores?

Waterbury: And he says, "Sign here, please, on the dotted line."

Sousé: I'll have a fountain pen by that time.

W.C. Fields: The Bank Dick

Well I tried looking at the prices on my iPad and my non apple laptop. No difference in price for me :(

Not to unhappy though, as always cult pens good value for money (no affiliation etc etc).

Just curious: Do they have exclusive inks or better prices than U.S. stores?

Yes, they have their exclusive Deep Dark inks range, made for them by Diamine. Includes Deep Dark Red, Green, Blue, Orange, Brown & Purple. Available in bottles and cartridges.

https://www.cultpens.com/s?q=Deep+Dark

Verba volant, scripta manent

Isn't the Pel 805 Streseman @ £250.00 over $300 USD after conversion?

Yes, 250 pounds is currently $332.80 in US Dollars.

So, was the pen even cheaper earlier yesterday?

Edited by Lloyd

Oscar Wilde

Prices on Apple devices are usually higher than on others. They know who is willing to pay a higher price for an ordinary phone only because a bitten apple is on it will also do that in their shop. Many shops, portals and sellers use this technique.

Ah, the irony of this post.

Is this Cult Pens standard price or a special sale?

Oscar Wilde

The cheapest pen is the one you don't order ;)

Those don't leak, either.

Oscar Wilde

Ah, the irony of this post.

Enlighten us. It's not written on an Apple device. ;-)

Enlighten us. It's not written on an Apple device. ;-)

You jumped onto a post that isn’t true, without checking the facts whatsoever, just because it was something you would like to believe.

I just found it ironic you wanted to share your uninformed opinion due to another uninformed opinion.