The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

About To Order My First Twsbi, Which Model Do You Recommend Most?

first time twsbi choice

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 RileyJanuary

RileyJanuary

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2018 - 14:55

Is the 580 Mini still on sale?

Yes, it is. There is also a Mini Al version with some colored Aluminum parts.

Sponsored Content

#22 RileyJanuary

RileyJanuary

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2018 - 15:02

I would choose an Eco by the way. They are very affordable and the difference between the Ecos and 580s seems to be largely aesthetic. And I actually prefer the cleaner lines of the Ecos and do not see the need to pay double just for the facets of the 580.

With the Diamond Mini you have to be aware that it is a pocket pen that cannot really be (comfortably) used unposted, unless you have very small hands. But if portability is your main concern, it is certainly a great option.

#23 PearlJamFan

PearlJamFan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 19:09

Have fun and let us know how you feel about your purchases!

#24 dylim1

dylim1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:10

I'd suggest the Eco or the 580. Both are affordable. There are many on the secondary market too if you choose not to buy a new one.

#25 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2018 - 14:41

I would choose an Eco by the way. They are very affordable and the difference between the Ecos and 580s seems to be largely aesthetic. And I actually prefer the cleaner lines of the Ecos and do not see the need to pay double just for the facets of the 580.

With the Diamond Mini you have to be aware that it is a pocket pen that cannot really be (comfortably) used unposted, unless you have very small hands. But if portability is your main concern, it is certainly a great option.

Thanks for clarifying this! I ordered my Eco already, but was a little bit hesitant over the 580.

#26 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2018 - 14:42

I'd suggest the Eco or the 580. Both are affordable. There are many on the secondary market too if you choose not to buy a new one.

Been trying to get a used one over at Reddit, but they seem to be sold the minute they are posted!

#27 Aditkamath26

Aditkamath26

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:56

I own an ECO and have tried a 580 Diamond. I much prefer the 580 mainly because its slighlty girthier and heavier than the ECO, which makes it much more comfortable than the ECO for my bear like paws. Also you can swap nib units easily on the 580 whereas the ECO doesn't have separate nibs offered. I recommend you to get a Diamond 580AL with a normal nib and an additional 1.1 stub. I love the JoWo 1.1 stubs.

#28 AL01

AL01

Eh?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2018 - 17:00

Been trying to get a used one over at Reddit, but they seem to be sold the minute they are posted!

I know I may be late, but get whatever pen suits you the most.

I kinda like the Precision....

:excl:

#29 letterByOwl

letterByOwl

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2018 - 21:12

Black Eco. The all clear looks really cool by itself, but it’s the black that provides great contrast to the color of the ink.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first, time, twsbi, choice

Sponsored Content

|