St. Louis Pen Show

KreepyKen

Hi everyone,

The St. Louis Pen Show is just around the corner (starts just FIVE WEEKS from tomorrow...June 29-July1...how did it come up so fast?) Just wanted to post some updates:

1. We're up to 92 vendors! We've got retailers, pen makers & artists, nibmeisters, repairers, distributors, and a few other special guests. We've maxed out both ballrooms and all the hallway space at the hotel.
  2. We have a ton of classes scheduled, including calligraphy, cursive handwriting, journaling, snail mail, pen repair, ink, pens for kids, pen history, and even a class on photographing your pen collection!
  3. Many events planned: PCA Kids Scavenger Hunt, a Pen Auction, Pen Artisan Guild Pen Contest, Dessert Party for vendors & weekend attendees, and of course, Pen Shows After Dark!
  4. Lots of great door prizes, including a Parker Duofold Centennial Lucky 8 fountain pen, generously provided by Martinson Wirth.
  5. We sold out the block of rooms at the Sheraton! Crazy that they're gone. Luckily, they were able to work with the DoubleTree down the street to open up a new block of rooms (there's a shuttle from there to the plaza).
  6. I was tooling around Westport Plaza last week, and there are a ton of restaurants and bars within a couple minutes walk from the hotel. I think it's definitely one of the best pen show "neighborhoods" I've seen.

If you're planning to attend, I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing you there. If you're on the fence, I hope this posts helps push you over the edge! :)

Please visit the site (www.stlpenshow.com) for all the juicy details and other information!

fpn_1527205756__facebook_banner.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• KreepyKen

• The Write Pen

• lallin

Perry and I are really excited for the St. Louis Show. Hope to see old friends and make some new ones!

Regards,

danny

writepenbanner.gif.3b32962e78b1a1ac0464819a5bdfe0b8.gif

Looking forward to seeing you, Danny!

Perry and I are really excited for the St. Louis Show. Hope to see old friends and make some new ones!

Regards,

danny

• 2 weeks later...

If you are attending this show and have uncommon Inkograph Co. pens, ephemera, tools, displays, cast metal inkwells, desk pens, etc. I'd be interested in seeing/discussing what you have to offer. If the items are too large to bring with, bring detailed photos. Or, send photos before the show confirm my interest in a given item.

I am also interested in pens made by other companies that used the Inkograph name as a model identifier after Inkograph Co went out of business (around 1954). There are at least two companies that made pens with a model name of Inkograph after Inkograph Co.

I may only make it on Saturday to walk around a bit. I've never been to a pen show and my concentration is on pens that write well, not so much on collecting. I have a Parker button filler that needs to be repaired, so I might bring it with me.

If you like pizza, be sure and try Imo's. I also love their garlic cheese bread. There is one located in Westport Plaza.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.png

I hope to go, have rooms booked, but my Mom fell and broke some bones. I might still make it, and if so I would attend on the 29th.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

I won’t be at the Pen Show, but I’d like to wish those who attend a great time.

Posted Image

Thank you for the kind words. But I did justify buying a Pelikan Brown Tortoise that the wonderful Sargetalon found for me on eBay because I wasn’t spending the money on lodging. eBay had a 15% off coupon that worked on fountain pens, so I added some new Conklins I had planned to get.

I had planned to see the Apollo 11 command module at The St. Louis Science Center, but who knows, maybe that could be in the future.

I hope those who attend the St. Louis Pen Show make the organizers want to hold it for more years. Then I could go to one of those.

Posted Image

The pen show was awesome! Great venue, they really took care of the vendors. Good crowds. I will be back next year!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Thanks to everyone who organized and produced the Show. It was wonderful.

Regards,

danny

writepenbanner.gif.3b32962e78b1a1ac0464819a5bdfe0b8.gif

Thanks to everyone who organized and produced the Show. It was wonderful.

Regards,

danny

The pen show was awesome! Great venue, they really took care of the vendors. Good crowds. I will be back next year!

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen! So happy it was a positive experience for both of you.

Edited by KreepyKen

• 6 months later...