The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Moonman M2 Inner Section

moonman m2 section remove help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 em_the_pen

em_the_pen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2018 - 20:07

I recently obtained a Moonman M2. I am rather enamored with it. But I have come across one problem. There is an inner section and the ink seems to leak into the space between the inner and outer section. I've found some reviewers that have removed it but they don't discuss or show how they did it. Does anyone know? Without doing so, it's really difficult to completely clean the pen. Thanks!

s-l500.png

Sponsored Content

#2 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2018 - 20:20

I wouldnt' worry about it. Really the only way is to take the nib unit apart, if I understand your meaning of "inner section". Not the best idea in the world to do on a regular basis to any pen. Increases likelihood of breakage.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#3 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,490 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2018 - 22:25

The inner section is called a nib unit.  You can unscrew it from the section (or grip) but the o ring on the back end will make it difficult to do so.  

Good luck.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#4 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

nibulous

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:05

Did you try flushing it with a bulb syringe?

"Want little. Need less. Love more."

#5 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:06

The nib unit just unscrew and come out the nib end a bit of resistence due to the O rings doing their job but nothing hard. If you do had to do it just use a light touch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moonman, m2, section, remove, help

Sponsored Content

|