The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Caran D'ache Ecridor Nib Removal

nib caran dache ecridor nib removal nib cleaning cleaning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wemedge24

Wemedge24

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 15:18

Hi all, many years ago I gifted my father with a Caran d'Ache Ecridor, which he's probably never correctly cleaned. As expected, he's been experiencing many problems with the ink flow. He's now tasked me with fixing all his flow troubles.

Anyway, I'd like to remove the nib (if possible) and thoroughly clean his pen but I've been unable to find any information regarding the removal of an Ecridor nib. Does anyone out there know how the nib is held in the feed? Is this a single unit that Caran d'Ache wants customers to replace as opposed to fix? If there are any workarounds I'd be very grateful to hear them. 

And if this topic has been explored already in some far-off corner of the FPN, please forgive me. I did some searching but couldn't find anything with an answer to my question. 

Thanks in advance for any Ecridor nib-removal advice! 

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 May 2018 - 15:29

The nib and feed pull out straight. HTH.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 Wemedge24

Wemedge24

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 18:51

Thanks, hari317! 

#4 Sprool

Sprool

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2019 - 16:31

I have a silver Caran D'Ache Ecridor, ink flow too heavy for me (Medium nib) probably would prefer a fine nib, are there 3rd party fine nibs I could try and swap over, if it is simply push-pull fit? The new Caran D'ache units are about £50. Unsure what to look for in terms of sizing.

#5 MatteoPhx

MatteoPhx

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:56

My response may be a bit late, but I'll add it to this thread. The Ecridor feed pulls straight out. I prefer an EF nib, but Ecridor doesn't come in that. However, I found that an Caran d'Ache 849 EF nib swaps perfectly. Kaweco Sport and Delike New Moon nibs also fit (and write well) with the tiniest bit of coaxing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib, caran dache, ecridor, nib removal, nib cleaning, cleaning

Sponsored Content

|