The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Charles Hubet Gold FP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jazzbaby

Jazzbaby

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:21

I've had this pen for just under a year and am very pleased with it.

Appearance - Very Good. I am not usually drawn to flashy pens, especially shiny metal ones. This pen, however, looks sleek and elegant, rather than garish. The only embellishement other than the subtle ridges running the length of the pen, is the black cabochon embedded into the top of the cap. The ridges continue onto fingergrip and prevent the pen from slipping or spinning when writing. Functional and stylish.

Weight - Unposted, quite lighweight. Posted, close to the medium weight I prefer.

Balance - Good when posted or not.

Nib - Gold-plated & smooth. Not buttery smooth by any means, but just enough tooth to feel in control when writing. It is a nice wet writer with most inks, but works best when slightly higher than a 45 degree angle.

Problems - Negligable. As with all pens this Charles Hubert has a preference for certain inks, but all I have tried so far have worked, some just better than others. Mine seems to prefer Quink above anything else. The shiny surface may begin to show wear from cap being posted, but so far no scuffing shows on mine. The only major problem I've had with this pen was one purely of my own making. I gave it a quick rinse rather than a proper cleaning and set it aside for a couple of months. (Dum idea) doh.gif After some fiddling it is working just fine again.

CONCLUSION - Good pen. Great price. Looks and writes like one far more expensive. I'm tempted to buy another to keep on hand for a gift.

"Auld Nature swears, the lovely dears
Her noblest work she classes, O,
Her prentice han' she tried on man,
An' then she made the lasses, O."
- Robert Burns

Support the EXCELLER FUND & pay the FERDINAND FEE

www.fund4horses.org

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|