Roanoke Virginia Pen Club Meeting May 26, 2018

graystranger

Saturday, May 26. 2018 will be the next meeting of the Roanoke Pen Club.

Tanglewood Mall, second level, at noon, about the middle of the mall.
For your GPS:

4420-A Electric Rd
Roanoke, VA 24018
Special Guest Announcement! Lydia Brandrif, Community Coordinator at Goulet Pen Co. is planning on joining us for the May 26 meeting. Many of you have seen her postings on the Blog and on Facebook’s Goulet Nation. Plus, she was in the March 20 Write Now episode with Brian discussing lefties (southpaws) using fountain pens. This is so exciting. Lydia wants to know if there is any special inks that we would like to see — she can bring samples with her. Think about what inks you would like Lydia to bring with her and leave it in a reply to this post or PM me.
We always have a lot of vintage and modern fountain pens, inks, discussions of pens and pen repair, and a lot of pens inked up to try out. Needless to say, the inked pens will have many different inks for you to use and see.

These meetings are very informal, just to interface with pen lovers and share information.

For more information, just reply to this post or contact me by Private Message. Please share this with anyone you think might be interested in attending.
Visit our club web page and sign up for email notifications. http://roanokepenclub.org/

Hope to see you on Saturday, May 26 at noon.

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graystranger

• chad.trent

• Crazy4doxies

• mrwlfc

We had a great time at last Saturday's Roanoke Pen Show. Lydia brought samples, pens (we got to write with the new Conklin Duraflex), exchanged pens for each other to try out. Lydia is a lot of fun and a real joy to have at any gathering. You can see some photos of the meeting here:

http://roanokepenclub.org/index.php/blog/

You can also contact us and sign up for club notices.

• 5 weeks later...

Do you have any companies (pen, ink, notebook) come and host the event?

I am new to your club.

I live in Cburg

Edited by Crazy4doxies

Hi Crazy4doxies! We meet several times a year, it is not yearly. Just when members feel like getting together. Our meetings are very informal, and as we have no pen, ink, or notebook companies in the area at all, there is no one that we know of who would host us. Just an informal get together to share pens, inks, and talk about pens. We've had a member demonstrate how to restore a vintage Sheaffer Snorkel pen several years ago and one of our current members, Chad Trent, restores vintage pens like Esterbrook, which he collects.

I assume Cburg means Christiansburg. I live in Lynchburg, others come from in and around Roanoke.

Go here

http://roanokepenclub.org/index.php/contact-us/

and you can leave your name and email address and we will send you emails whenever we are planning out next meeting. Usually 3 or 4 a year.

Great to hear from a pen lover in the central VA area. Look forward to seeing you at our next meeting.

We try to meet every other month, but with everyone's schedule that doesn't always work out. Especially around the holidays. We don't have our next meeting scheduled yet but I've been meaning to talk with graystranger about that. I'm hoping we can have our next meeting in either late July or August.

• 3 weeks later...

This is so great to know y'all exist. Though I am currently sojourning in Florida, I am a Virginian and my wife's parents and two of her sisters live in Roanoke. I will keep an eye out for your meetings and come join if I find myself in Roanoke at the same time!

Matt

Edited by mrwlfc

-Matt

This is so great to know y'all exist. Though I am currently sojourning in Florida, I am a Virginian and my wife's parents and two of her sisters live in Roanoke. I will keep an eye out for your meetings and come join if I find myself in Roanoke at the same time!

Matt

Great Matt, looking forward to seeing you at a meeting.

Why don't you go to the club's webpage and sign up for emails. I don't usually post the meeting notice on FPN until we have finalized the meeting date through emails to the members. By signing up you would get a chance to let us know your availability, and help us select a meeting date to accommodate your schedule. No obligation, it only means you'll get advanced notice of pending meeting dates.

Here is the link: http://roanokepenclub.org/

Go to "Contact Us" and enter your email and you'll be notified. We're hoping to hold a meeting in a few weeks.

Looking forward to seeing you soon,

Tom