Open House At Peyton Street Pens On June 2

terim

Though we are a little later than usual this year, we’re having our annual Pen Posse Open House on June 2nd at Peyton Street Pens in Santa Cruz.

Hours: 1pm to 6pm

Where: 239 Peyton Street, Santa Cruz, California

Here are directions: https://www.google.com/maps/place/239+Peyton+St,+Santa+Cruz,+CA+95060

What to expect:

• Free food and beverages (we will probably do tacqueria again this year)
  • Ice cream from Mariannes (a popular tradition) -- also free
  • Crazy pen people who will bring pens and inks to share and show off
  • Bins of cheap pens and pencils as well as some free stuff
  • Pens to look at and try. (We will have new pens from Ranga and Osprey)
  • Additionally, you can check out some of the "Peyton Street Pen Works" pens we are creating

Special activity: This year we are trying something new that people may enjoy – pen blank casting. We will be able to allow visitors to create and cast their own alumilite pen blanks. We will have the capacity to allow 4-5 people at a time to mix colors and pour the goop into the molds, and we will have two pressure pots set up to cure the blanks without bubbles. This is going to be free for our guests, but as you can imagine (since the blanks need to cure for an hour) we probably won’t be able to accommodate everyone. What you do with the pen blanks will be up to you!

Feel free to bring pens to sell and trade. There are usually a few people who can help with advice, repairs and nib adjustments.

Looking forward to seeing you on June 2nd!

Teri and the PSP Crew

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terim

• tenney

• oraxia

• mpkandan

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds really awesome, wish I could go! Unfortunately, that is also the date and (exact) time of a close friend's birthday party in San Francisco, so alas... I doubt I could swing both :/ Casting pen blanks sounds really fun!

Nevermind me! I'm just an inkling, a mere pigment of your imagination...

This sounds really awesome, wish I could go! Unfortunately, that is also the date and (exact) time of a close friend's birthday party in San Francisco, so alas... I doubt I could swing both :/ Casting pen blanks sounds really fun!

Maybe next time! I'll try to give better warning next year.

Maybe next time! I'll try to give better warning next year

All the best terim:) . I know it would be great time for Pen lovers.:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• 2 weeks later...

All the best terim:) . I know it would be great time for Pen lovers. :)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

The new Ranga colors will be a highlight!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjK--uxFL7Z/?taken-by=peytonstreetpens

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjK8zoQhGrB/?taken-by=peytonstreetpens

TERI

Maybe next time! I'll try to give better warning next year.

It's hardly your fault that my friend decided to celebrate her birthday that day, no worries! I'm new, so I didn't know this was even a thing the group did, and it sounds exciting :) Hoping I'll be able to make it next year, and please post pictures of some of the pen blanks people make :D

Nevermind me! I'm just an inkling, a mere pigment of your imagination...

Sorry, terim, but I checked the drive-time (around noon) and it had expanded a lot to over 1.5 hours. Going over the hill to SC on a wonderfully warm and sunny day is too attractive for MANY MANY people. Next time... Have fun.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Sorry, terim, but I checked the drive-time (around noon) and it had expanded a lot to over 1.5 hours. Going over the hill to SC on a wonderfully warm and sunny day is too attractive for MANY MANY people. Next time... Have fun.

It was well worth the drive (1:15 from SSF) in so many ways!

Good food! Good friends! Good pens!

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB