• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JotterAddict62

• mitto

• PenBuyer1796

• pajaro

Yeah, someone's Parker collection is being sold. Several with stickers. Should go for a large number.

I added it to my watched list just to see how high it climbs.

-Otter1

Yeah, someone's Parker collection is being sold. Several with stickers. Should go for a large number.

I added it to my watched list just to see how high it climbs.

-Otter1

Seller says they know nothing about pens.

Seller says they know nothing about pens.

Inheritance? Bought them at an estate sale?

This might be how a lot of collections go.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Inheritance? Bought them at an estate sale?

This might be how a lot of collections go.

That will be the fate of my Parker Collection when the time comes.

Mine too.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

It is the fate of each person's belongings that remain when they are no longer alive.

I realised this when I attended the estate auction of an old family friend; I was watching with interest the things being sold that had belonged "to a friend of my Grandmother" while most of the other attendees were unaware of the person whose items were being dispersed.

I think it is a good thing to accept that possessions are really only of importance to the person who chose them. So many persons constantly bemoan the "fate of their things" & admonish their children for not "caring about" them. I have replaced most of the items my parents owned & have kept things only if they were pleasing to me. I understand MY own things will be dispersed to the far winds & without any worry about their importance to me. If this is not comfortable for anyone they should try to enjoy the act of giving items they cherish to recipients that they believe will value them.

The story about this pen collection was the story of the person who assembled it & the pens will likely find new stories before they finish their journey.

I tried to give my daughter a 51 as a post-graduation gift when she started work. She declined it, so no doubt my pens will eventually find their way to a local thrift shop along with my clothes :-(

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

My daughter may not be interested in keeping the pens, but I have a grandson who I have hopes for one day giving him some of them. I also know that if she does get them one day she will sell them for to dollar. Now in regard to Art Pottery, she already has made her interest known and wants some of our better pieces now.

I regard to the Parker Pens, I estimate that the final price total before fees will be $2700.00. This is based upon the assumption they will be bought for resale as individual pens. The information provided does not justify a higher price as one must assume that all the nibs are common ones and all the vacumatic fill pens will require restoration, irrespective of them being stickered.

Not all old pens in as new condition are bought to write with. Collecting seems silly sometimes.

I say the selling price for the pens will be $3,000 - $4,000.

But then again there will be two people getting into a bidding war and will sell for over $5k.

I fear somewhat for my stash. Knowing my niece, she will probably just throw everything in the trash. :angry: Partly because she has no idea of the potential value and partly from spite. I should probably make a specific will provision (and if the trust is still in effect at that point, I'm thinking about having some of my husband's nieces (who she's never met) take over the trusteeship -- I know that one in particular will have very little use for the "whiny" B)).

The one pen I'm really concerned about is the one that had been my husband's grandfather's pen. I'd like to keep that in the family if at all possible. Maybe leave it to my husband's one niece's son (who at the moment is around 4 :rolleyes:). I'm sure my one brother-in-law's wife would want it to go to their son, but I don't have a lot of of use for him either....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My guess is $3200. My daughter has a pretty good stash of pens herself. She has noted interest in a number of my pens. I have instructions for the rest to go to a buddy to sell on consignment.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Mine too.

mitto buy the two lots and send then to me and I will send them to you with one pen missing in each lot... :D ..

mitto buy the two lots and send then to me and I will send them to you with one pen missing in each lot... :D ..

Giving it a serious thought minus the one pen stealing by you from each lot :) . I am in need of a US address for those sellers who wouldn't ship to anywhere outside USA.

Khan M. Ilyas

This will be interesting to watch. Some of the post above has given me pause. I guess I may have to consider leaving detailed little notes about those round plastic music things in picture cardboard and the pointy things with ink.

Perhaps all the Parker people here should get together and commit to group buy on trust and then battle it out. Seriously, I hope they find a good home in the end.