P205 Keeps Dropping Cartridge

mikey_abz

Getting back on topic: Cartridge keeps dropping out -

Have you tried using 2 short carts back to back like they did with the Pelikano?

If the 2 carts fit, that is the solution to your problem.

Many carts that use a ball to seal fit loosely in the Pelikan pens, so you need to use 2 carts or one long one. The empty cart does not have to be full since it is there to stop the one in use from falling out.

Using 2 carts also means that you always have a spare full one for when you run out of ink.

Edited by whych

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikey_abz

• Matlock

• sargetalon

• Bold2013

Getting back on topic: Cartridge keeps dropping out -

Have you tried using 2 short carts back to back like they did with the Pelikano?

If the 2 carts fit, that is the solution to your problem.

Many carts that use a ball to seal fit loosely in the Pelikan pens, so you need to use 2 carts or one long one. The empty cart does not have to be full since it is there to stop the one in use from falling out.

Using 2 carts also means that you always have a spare full one for when you run out of ink.

In short no I didn't try this.

I tried the converter,Edelstein cartridge (long) and a single cartridge (diamine). Problem first started with converter I tried two different inks so I initially thought the converter was damaged (although pen and converter both new). Then I switched to cartridge to test, it would puncture cartridge only to drop single cartridge down and when unscrewing longer or converter if I held nib pointing up the ink cartridge would have disconnected inside the barrel (in most instances). With nib pointing down held only by gravity and any slight movement would tip the cartridge out. Afterwards I tried the converter in my daughters pelikano and it was fine - using it in new pen with no issues.

There was something wrong with that first pen for sure as the replacement pen doesn't have that problem what so ever.

Before anyone thinks/says the cartridge(s) wasnt pushed in with the appropriate force they were (Its not my first rodeo) 😂

:yikes: might be why I'm on my third one! Find out on Friday if this pen is going to be a keeper!

It was the first thing I noticed when I pulled it out of the packaging!

Glad I stumbled across this- one or two of my Pelikans have this issue and it hasn't bothered me as much as it should. I just adjusted the centre on the clip.