Greetings From The Land Of Confusion

Dont_Flexme

Time to stop the lurking and join on in.

Just shy of a year ago I received my first fountain pen, a yellow Noodler’s nib creaper, and a bottle of Noodler’s X-feather. My wife fearsome, and with just cause, banned the ink from her sight to live only in my office- away from our rugs and fine furniture.

The infection set and now I find myself with 11 inked pens, but the Lamy 2000 should be empty soon and if I can hold strong, I will be at only 10. I have an additional 12 pens dry- begging me to fill them. And the bottled inks- lets just say I may have gone overboard. But then, you only live once right? So why not grab that new Colorverse Schrodinger and Cat?

My interests have wandered here and there from the Noodler pens to a Lamy Safari, which at the time, felt like the smoothest writer ever. It seemed to glide across the paper on a wet wave. And then I wanted gold- a Platinum Century 336, a Lamy 2K, a Pilot Elite 95S, a Sailor Akajiku and a Pilot Vanishing Point.

Then I went back in time- a Parker 51 Vacu matic (one of my favorites), a Sheaffer Valiant Touchdown, a pastel green Admiral Snorkel, a Parker Vacumatic.

My latest venture has been big nibs- broads and stubs- I worry this may just crossover to my love of vintage.

So that’s a quick summary of me. I'm still new to this but I've been doing my homework via sites like this and YouTube. It is nice to know others out there enjoying the inky life.

Scott

(from shoeless Kentucky)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Dont_Flexme

• jar

• omarcenaro

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Next it may be the depth of well done urushi.

http://www.fototime.com/405D64928CED22C/large.jpg

My Website

Oh my.... Ummm... Officially joining this site could be a financial mistake. Those look amazing!

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome to FPN! I feel behind - the first half of your journey sounds like mine (Noodlers and Lamy to L2K, just now branching into mid-tier pens and vintage). Sounds like you are fully addicted - enjoy your time here!

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

Howdy from Pittsburgh! :W2FPN:

I generally suggest to new folks that they click on the "View New Content" button at the top of the page to get a good overview of a range of topics (you can adjust how much you see at any given time in the sidebar on the main page). And to have a peek at the pinned Index to the Ink Reviews Forum (I had no idea how many different brands and colors there are).

But I also warn people that we are all shameless enablers here, and will happily help you spend your disposable income. Just over six years ago I had never heard or seen the phrase "Parker 51" -- now I have, um, six Aerometrics (including a Plum Demi, and an English made Navy Gray with an OB nib) and three 51 Vacs. Plus a 21, a 51 Special, and a 41.... And that's not counting the other vintage Parkers (.... Or the Snorkels, or the the pricy pens (a brace of Pelikan M405s and a 1950s era 400). Of course I also have inexpensive pens -- a Pilot Metropolitan, a Lamy Safari and LX, a bunch of Noodler's Konrads, FPCs and freebie Charlie pens. And a bunch of vintage Esterbrooks that probably mostly need new sacs...

And that of course not counting inks (my husband tells people my pen collection morphed into an ink collection!) paper, repair tools, wax seals, ephemera (seriously I do NOT collect ephemera -- until I discovered these adorable ads for Carters ink, painted by a guy known for animal illustraions.... :headsmack:).

You've been warned.... (Oh and the vintage pen rabbit hole is DANGEROUS....)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Howdy from Pittsburgh! :W2FPN:

I generally suggest to new folks that they click on the "View New Content" button at the top of the page to get a good overview of a range of topics (you can adjust how much you see at any given time in the sidebar on the main page). And to have a peek at the pinned Index to the Ink Reviews Forum (I had no idea how many different brands and colors there are).

But I also warn people that we are all shameless enablers here, and will happily help you spend your disposable income. Just over six years ago I had never heard or seen the phrase "Parker 51" -- now I have, um, six Aerometrics (including a Plum Demi, and an English made Navy Gray with an OB nib) and three 51 Vacs. Plus a 21, a 51 Special, and a 41.... And that's not counting the other vintage Parkers (.... Or the Snorkels, or the the pricy pens (a brace of Pelikan M405s and a 1950s era 400). Of course I also have inexpensive pens -- a Pilot Metropolitan, a Lamy Safari and LX, a bunch of Noodler's Konrads, FPCs and freebie Charlie pens. And a bunch of vintage Esterbrooks that probably mostly need new sacs...

And that of course not counting inks (my husband tells people my pen collection morphed into an ink collection!) paper, repair tools, wax seals, ephemera (seriously I do NOT collect ephemera -- until I discovered these adorable ads for Carters ink, painted by a guy known for animal illustraions.... :headsmack:).

You've been warned.... (Oh and the vintage pen rabbit hole is DANGEROUS....)

Welcome!

Of course, we are not all like Ruth! Some of us wear gloves when handling ink!!! Otherwise, I think she has summed this place up rather well!

Scott, hello and welcome from Indiana!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Of course, we are not all like Ruth! Some of us wear gloves when handling ink!!! Otherwise, I think she has summed this place up rather well!

:lol:

Of course sometimes those ink stains come from the pens. You don't expect me to wear latex gloves while writing, do you?

Well, in the case of the urushi pens (lovely as they are) I would probably have to be.... :(

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Greetings from Ohio, your Northern neighbor. So confusion reigns south of the Ohio border as well eh?

I know the feeling of a bunch of pens begging for ink. Feed the addiction.

Welcome! Sounds like you already have good collection. You will find lots of great information here and many suggestions to expand your collection.

Cheers,

Ozzy

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.