Pen Posse Duck Edition

AltecGreen

A duck oriented pen posse. Note the different day and time. This is an early dinner event so we can eat duck. Nik is bringing stuff back from Chicago. Hmmmm...duck.

Saturday May 12th

4:00 pm

Cheung Hing Restaurant
245 El Camino Real, Millbrae, California 94030

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tenney

• oraxia

• FarmBoy

• coinlvr

Enjoy. I’ve got a family event that time, so I won’t be there though.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Will there be a May 20th meeting? Or is there typically only one per month?

Nevermind me! I'm just an inkling, a mere pigment of your imagination...

Every weekend is closer to the truth than once a month. We do miss some weekends, though, and there are some weekends when the announcement isn't posted until very close to the appointed time.

In principle anyone may call a meeting, and show up, and see how many other people show up. That is the informal way this long-running lunch series (plus occasional dinners, such as the duck event mentioned above) got started.

More recently, in a pattern not unknown in other small groups, the task of calling a Pen Posse appears to have devolved upon AltecGreen. I suspect that he would be happy if others leapt forward from time to time.

In principle anyone may call a meeting, and show up, and see how many other people show up. That is the informal way this long-running lunch series (plus occasional dinners, such as the duck event mentioned above) got started.

More recently, in a pattern not unknown in other small groups, the task of calling a Pen Posse appears to have devolved upon AltecGreen. I suspect that he would be happy if others leapt forward from time to time.

Hah, I feel like I should actually meet the group and introduce myself in person first, and probably actually get to know people before I would be comfortable attempting to wield such authority as calling a group meeting! But I'll try to keep an eye out for something that I can make soon, so I can meet some folks and maybe get some help with my (currently) one and only fountain pen :) Thank you!

Hah, I feel like I should actually meet the group and introduce myself in person first, and probably actually get to know people before I would be comfortable attempting to wield such authority as calling a group meeting! But I'll try to keep an eye out for something that I can make soon, so I can meet some folks and maybe get some help with my (currently) one and only fountain pen :) Thank you!

I was told there is a Sunday meeting at Peter's cafe on the 27th (Sunday).

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I was told there is a Sunday meeting at Peter's cafe on the 27th (Sunday).

Thank you! I've added it to my calendar and, barring mishaps, will be there :)

Hmn, I neglected to ask if there was anything I should bring with me (other than the pen I want to have looked at and repaired if possible)? Do the Posse pen repairers take credit card? Personal checks?

Hmn, I neglected to ask if there was anything I should bring with me (other than the pen I want to have looked at and repaired if possible)? Do the Posse pen repairers take credit card? Personal checks?

Cash... PayPal... milkshakes... Edited by lsmith42
MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Scooby snacks!

• 2 weeks later...

Not bring on FB...

Is there a Posse planned for tomorrow June 10th?

Yes, I know I could announce one, but less than one day’s notice seems too short.

--

Hello, are we meeting at the Duck place or in the regular diner?

Or in Santa Cruz. Or in Redwood City. Or on the Stanford campus.

But it is not established that we are meeting anywhere on June 10, for lunch, for early dinner, for a midnight snack. Perhaps it is well to live in the Tao about this.

The I Ching may well say, in one of its less familiar hexagrams, that the magnanimous or superior or worthwhile man is able to wait for an announcement. At times he will need to.

Are we going back to Santa Cruz?

Presumably not till Teri's next party. Next spring. I seem to have left out other possibilities: We may be doing it in Middle Earth. Or in a galaxy far away. Peter's Cafe, one or another Sunday at 1 pm, strikes me as a better guess. Watch this forum if not this thread.

I can confirm from FB that there is one today (6/10) at Peter's at 1pm. Straits Pen will be there with goodies, I think?

I'll come up with something eventually.

FarmBoy (aka FB) will be there. He will ensure that Ricky aka Altec the Green is also in attendance.

Be patient, they may be delayed by a large box of pens but they will be there.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I can confirm from FB that there is one today (6/10) at Peter's at 1pm. Straits Pen will be there with goodies, I think?

I knew he’s in town which is why I had asked if FB noted one today.

See y’all there.

--

For lack of a more appropriate thread to ask in, any meeting happening today (6/17)? Not sure about my schedule today, but I wanted to know in case I ended up being free at the right time... :unsure: Same bat time, same bat channel? Or something different?