The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Remove Visumaster Section

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chad.trent

chad.trent

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 17:13

Can anyone help me? On one of my visumasters the ink window is cracked. I have a friend with a machine shop who is confident he can make a replacement, but I can't figure out how to get the colored section off. Obviously I don't want to force it and risk cracking the section, but I can't figure out how to get it apart.

Sponsored Content

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,373 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 19:15

Can anyone help me? On one of my visumasters the ink window is cracked. I have a friend with a machine shop who is confident he can make a replacement, but I can't figure out how to get the colored section off. Obviously I don't want to force it and risk cracking the section, but I can't figure out how to get it apart.

The colored sleeve is usually solvent welded to the section body.

San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#3 chad.trent

chad.trent

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 20:27

Ahh. That would explain why I'm having trouble getting them apart.

Sponsored Content

|