Camlin 22 Eye Dropper

old4570

Camlin 22 Eye Dropper from India

Fine NIB

Screw on Cap ( 1 and 1/4 turn )

I did put some silicone grease on my test pen to seal the threads .. ( No sign of leaking or ink creeping into the threads )

NIB was cleaned , Feed was cleaned and Dipped in really hot water for 30 seconds and then fitted to pen with NIB .

Pen was a difficult starter on initial inking .

After 24 hours resting horizontally it took a few strokes of the pen to get it to write ..

Is a scratchy writer .

Canted 45 degrees left the pen wrote ok

Canted 45 deg right the pen tore into the paper

Inverted it was like trying to write with the tip of a knife

Pen is a moist writer .

I did polish the NIB with 5000 grit wet and dry , and it only helped a little ...

Did have to go to 2000 grit to hit the rough spots to smooth out the pen ..

It is better , but not 100 %

No leaks - no Burps - No physical problems -

I will leave this for extended testing ...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/335887-pif-camlin-22-eye-dropper/

PIF = I am giving one away ....

Edited by old4570

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• old4570

• mhguda

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The slit of the nib seems dirty or filled with some foreign material. See if you can clean that out, pen might improve.

Also, I can't tell from the video but something does suggest the tines may be slightly misaligned. If you use your camera to zoom in maybe you can see it and correct for it. Lastly, if you heat-set the nib and feed, the assembly should be inside the pen. You dip it in hot water for 20 to 30 seconds, then press the nib into the feed with your fingers (be sure to use something to protect from the hot metal!). Repeat if necessary.

Lastly, did you flush the whole from the inside? (i.e. blowing water through the section with nib&feed installed).

I don't think I've ever seen one of those before but I do have experience with similar inexpensive school pens, and that is usually the treatment they get before I ink them up. (I may skip the heat-setting unless it's necessary).

Good luck. I have several Camlins, and they're all very nice writers.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I took the NIB Feed off for cleaning ...

Then heated them for re insertion ..

No I did not flush with the NIB Feed installed ..

Pictures were taken before cleaning ..

maybe do the heat-setting again, with the nib&feed inserted?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I like the way it is ...

Ok the first few strokes are a bit dry , but then it comes good ..

I got 5 of these , so I will leave this grey one as is and maybe try one of the other ...

Been polishing the NIB , and if feels kind of good now ..

Blue one is going bye bye in two days ( PIF ) , so might play with another ..