What's Your Favorite Yellow Pen?

truthpil

Was there not a yellow and a red M7xx Toledo issued about 10-15 years ago? If memory serves, they were white gold/platinum/sterling clad, and I seem to remember that Classic Pens had them in inventory - don't see them there now.

Yes, M710 in Red and another in Yellow... they were special editions in 2009 and 2010. Don't see them often, except for a couple of overpriced (imho) sellers on the bay. Pretty pens.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• TSherbs

• WarrenB

• Houston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations! I've been eyeing these on eBay lately. Is the yellow more egg-yolk style (that's how it appears on my monitor) or is it a bright "Ferrari" style yellow?

There are three colors. Egg yolk yellow, red and blue. The pen is designed to post and even threaded to secure your posted cap.

• 2 weeks later...

Houston, thanks for showing off your pen. That is a real beauty! The textured barrel just looks lovely.

I know that sometimes I get so focused on trying new writing experiences via new pens or inks that I forget about those lovely gems bought months or years prior.

fpn_1537024993__yello_gvfc_edit_small.jp

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Here's one I definitely need to add to my collection....with an extra broad left oblique italic grind of course:

http://www.mrpen.co.uk/contents/media/l_yellow2parsons_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another decent looking yellow pen I came across, the Hero 1516. I'm just not a big fan of the hooded nib:

TB22.m9aJAmyKJjSZFGXXb.fFXa_!!2912164915

TB2KIjbaJ3nyKJjSZFEXXXTTFXa_!!2912164915

I don't like yellow pens.

Then you are guaranteed to hate this thread hahaha. :P

No. I like reading about others' choices of colors.

That's a good attitude to have. Sometimes doing so has caused me to really get into a color that I had previously hated.

• 2 months later...
While I don't own any (yet), I find yellow pens striking and memorable. Two more that haven't been mentioned are:

1) Pelikan Mystical Kirin, one of five pens in the Pelikan Asia LE series. Only 888 were made. Based on the M800, it has a beautiful vermeil barrel sleeve with a Kirin (Chinese mythical creature said to ward off evil) carved into it.

post-143288-0-85651000-1546158156.jpg

2) original line of Sailor Pro Gear mini in yellow. Now discontinued and not to be confused with the currently available Nagasawa exclusive Sailor Pro Gear Slim mini, which lacks the black end finial and grip section, and hosts a special 14K Nagasawa rooster nib. It is also affectionately called the bumblebee or Pikachu mini by fans.

(Nagasawa PGS mini on left, Sailor PG mini on right; photo source)

post-143288-0-25823400-1546158185_thumb.jpg

Edited by ayeneneyeee

Thanks, ayeneneyeee, for the contributions!

One of these days I need to get one of the yellow Sailor Pro Gear Slims, most likely in mini since my hands are mini-ish.

Last month I finally grabbed a deal on a yellow Pilot Lucina and it looks great. I just wish I could swap in a broader or more flexible nib so I wasn't limited to a Japanese Fine line.

Thanks, ayeneneyeee, for the contributions!

One of these days I need to get one of the yellow Sailor Pro Gear Slims, most likely in mini since my hands are mini-ish.

Last month I finally grabbed a deal on a yellow Pilot Lucina and it looks great. I just wish I could swap in a broader or more flexible nib so I wasn't limited to a Japanese Fine line.

I too have mini-ish hands, ha! Definitely on the hunt for the Pikachu Sailor PG mini myself.

Originally I had thought that one pen would be enough yellow for my collection but just today I found out about the ochre yellow Pilot Custom 98. I thoroughly enjoy the #3 gold Pilot nibs and that colour is too hard to resist. Of course, it had to be discontinued too so now I have another pen to hunt down haha.

Though if I end up with two yellow pens, that may just start me on a slippery slope towards getting the Pelikan Mystical Kirin or yellow Toledo m910/m710 too.. ;) :lol:

The discontinued Pilot colors can be so frustrating! I saw a photo of the discontinued yellow Custom 74 with black ends that really looked fantastic, but couldn't find one for sale.

how about .... this

44534061980_35b20c6c08_k.jpgPenBBS 323 Sun Flower , on Flickr

Lovely, but those have been sold out for a while...along with it's bright red counterpart. Just looking at the pic makes me want to eat some pineapple! :drool:

UPDATE: These just came back in stock on the Penbbs Etsy store! What a surprise.

Edited by TruthPil

Every time I asked my three-year-old what he wanted for Christmas he said "yellow pens."

So here's what he got:
Gold Star LZ001A (thanks to Mech-for-i for introducing this pen on FPN), Kaco Sky rollerball, Kaco Sky fountain pen.
The Sky is actually a great pen for kids!

fpn_1546183487__av_yellow_pens.jpg
Behold the yellow!!