What's Your Favorite Yellow Pen?

truthpil

This Omas Ogival 556/S in yellow w/a expressive double broad nib {BB}.

Can be seen via this old scan........................

fpn_1535923313__ogivalomas.jpg

Fred

Wavy Rancheros...A lot of people say to me..Wavy..your accent sounds a little weird and strange.

Where you from and figured I don't really know...But if I asked you...can you tell me where you

think I'm from....From the Atchafalaya Swamp via Scotland.......................................................

Yeah! That's right...................................Wavy

the faceted one is much nicer for me:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1525806421__20180508_194218.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• TSherbs

• WarrenB

• Houston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Sailor Pro Gear Classic Yellow with M/F nib tuned by John Mottishaw.

post-115418-0-54364700-1536423382_thumb.jpg

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

My only yellow pen, and most recent pen purchase, is this Fontoplumo exclusive - Kaweco Sport "Sunrise".

But I'm sure it won't be my one and only after seeing others in this thread.

fpn_1536504455__kawecosunrise.jpg

Edited by austinwft

My Sailor Pro Gear Classic Yellow with M/F nib tuned by John Mottishaw.

Now that's what I'd have to do with a went the Sailor route, get the nib tuned. Great looking classic design!

My only yellow pen, and most recent pen purchase, is this Fontoplumo exclusive - Kaweco Sport "Sunrise".

But I'm sure it won't be my one and only after seeing other in this thread.

Wow, that bright yellow makes a real statement! Are these only available through Fontoplumo?

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Wow, that bright yellow makes a real statement! Are these only available through Fontoplumo?

I believe they are.

There are two version, "Sunrise" with silver trim and "Sunset" with gold colored trim and though they are bright I find the color very happy and pleasing.

Now that's what I'd have to do with a went the Sailor route, get the nib tuned. Great looking classic design!

Thanks! John Mottishaw at nibs.com tunes every pen he sells, free of charge. I buy all my Sailors there unless they don't carry what I'm looking for.

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Thanks! John Mottishaw at nibs.com tunes every pen he sells, free of charge. I buy all my Sailors there unless they don't carry what I'm looking for.

He did tune every pen purchased. Nowadays, it may be John or it may be not John.

Too many pens; too little writing.

He did tune every pen purchased. Nowadays, it may be John or it may be not John.

Yes, an important distinction.

I dont have a yellow pen!! Im going to need to fix this!

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

I dont have a yellow pen!! Im going to need to fix this!

Absolutely! Welcome to the yellow side haha.

I only have two yellow pens so far, a Hero 616-2 which my son confiscated because yellow is his favorite color and a Sheaffer No-Nonsense, but this thread has opened up a new world of yellowness for me. Sadly, most of these pens are out of my price range. :bawl:

Here's a quick & dirty iPhone shot of my yellow M910 Toledo.

2iKjSum.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

That's the Baoer 801, MkII. Decent wee writer, for the price.

Sadly, these seem to be impossible to find now, even when living in China. After much searching, I could only find one yellow version available on Taobao, but the seller looked like a scam and hadn't sold anything before, so I didn't want to take the risk. So sad, because it'd be one of the least expensive yellow and black pens out there if available! :gaah:

10107-OrangeSilver.jpg

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

I couldn't sleep last night, so I did what any sensible person would do and spent hours scouring the Chinese internet for any decent looking and affordable yellow pens (excluding copies of Western pens like Safaris). Here's what I found:

Picasso 908:

TB2JYgeXVXXXXbMXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!82528924.j

Crocodile 398:

O1CN011SiHToWaOD1qvW8_!!38572280.jpg

Picasso 916:

TB2oNMugHZnBKNjSZFGXXbt3FXa_!!2258150122

Picasso 606 (Stupid picture messes up an otherwise nice looking pen):

TB2lFX.a6nyQeBjSszbXXbCxVXa_!!835080407.

TB2G0T7CER1BeNjy0FmXXb0wVXa_!!38572280.j

Picasso 616:

TB2D5wGC3mTBuNjy1XbXXaMrVXa_!!38572280.j

Crocodile 337:

O1CN011SiHTirwIePMzz8_!!38572280.jpg

Playboy (couldn't find a model number):

TB2kX_elxWYBuNjy1zkXXXGGpXa_!!2258150122

Aurora Ipsilon. Have the fountain pen and roller ball set.

This pen is definitely on my wishlist to buy the next time I'm Stateside!

post-140880-0-02907500-1537014711_thumb.jpegThis is my just arrived yellow fountain pen. It is a Nagasawa Kobe Memo, based on a Sailor Slim Progear. Like most Sailors, it started out as a cartridge converter pen, but is now just a cartridge pen. Flashy little pocket pen.

attachicon.gif fullsizeoutput_119f.jpegThis is my just arrived yellow fountain pen. It is a Nagasawa Kobe Memo, based on a Sailor Slim Progear. Like most Sailors, it started out as a cartridge converter pen, but is now just a cartridge pen. Flashy little pocket pen.

Congratulations! I've been eyeing these on eBay lately. Is the yellow more egg-yolk style (that's how it appears on my monitor) or is it a bright "Ferrari" style yellow?

Was there not a yellow and a red M7xx Toledo issued about 10-15 years ago? If memory serves, they were white gold/platinum/sterling clad, and I seem to remember that Classic Pens had them in inventory - don't see them there now.