What's Your Favorite Yellow Pen?

truthpil

My favorite in this case is Montegrappa Miya Argento in yellow (Celluloid)

http://www.pensinasia.com/Mtmiasyfp31.jpg

http://www.inkwell-pens.com/img/cache/xl/montegrappa-064e806bf9467488b7fc66ba012ab444.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• TSherbs

• WarrenB

• Houston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite in this case is Montegrappa Miya Argento in yellow (Celluloid)

http://www.pensinasia.com/Mtmiasyfp31.jpg

http://www.inkwell-pens.com/img/cache/xl/montegrappa-064e806bf9467488b7fc66ba012ab444.jpg

Wow! That makes me want to drink some limonada...

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Wow! That makes me want to drink some limonada...

In person and in the hands it looks better. :)
Celluloid gives interesting color overflows in the depth of the material, and silver of thick grip with corrugation is a special sensation in the fingers.

Uh oh....sounds like yet another path I may head down soon. Awkward orange sounds like something right up my alley.

It's especially awkward in Northern Ireland, where an innocent business name can land you in trouble. :headsmack: But some of those coppery pearl/metallic pens are hard to resist.

Although, again, I know the feeling. This topic's tempting me. The LE Wing Sung and the Montegrappa especially.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

Although, again, I know the feeling. This topic's tempting me. The LE Wing Sung and the Montegrappa especially.

Unfortunately, the yellow Wing Sung was never for sale, but an apology gift sent to those who bought the failed experimental first version of the 601.

That said, there are a couple being sold second hand on Taobao so I'm still thinking about it. The price is more than triple what the other colors are.

Here is probably the cheapest yellow FP available today, the Hero 616-2:

TB2GDGWcFXXXXaoXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!35815957.j

Pelikan made a couple of LE pens in yellow (not a demo like the M205 DUO already mentioned) that was a cream yellow.

From thepelikansperch.com: (link- there are photos of them)

https://thepelikansperch.com/database/fountain-pens/m2xx/m200/

**2002 limited edition release of 1200 (not numbered) pieces commissioned by Aldert Walrecht (1931-2009) to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Citroenpers Publishing of the Netherlands. The pen was available with a limited edition art book with color prints made by the publisher’s youngest son, Rogier Walrecht. Illustrations can be found at a link on the pelikans perch.com. Citroenpers = Lemon Press.

***Identical in design as the previously released Citroenpers limited edition with the distinction of having 1 chick in the nest on the cap top versus the Citroenpers 2 chick logo. Sold by Galleria Kaufhof department stores in 2008 as a regular production model. Color scheme known as Cremegelb (cream yellow) in German.

As you can imagine that because these were rather limited production they are hard to find and I would imagine bring a premium.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have only a Prera, which I like. I love the Sapporo Mini with black caps, but they were all gone before I got one.

Well TruthPil, for about five seconds there I thought you had a yellow Ariel Kullock P51... :lticaptd:

Yellow pens... I don't own one, since yellow doesn't particularly stoke my fancy in pens. However, of the yellow pens I've personally seen / held / written with, the ones that stuck out as most beautiful are:

- Sailor 1911 Yellow. I think this one looks harmonious and elegant - the black ends and gold trim complement the yellow body very nicely, and the shade of yellow is well-chosen too. It's a bit paler than standard medium yellow, somewhere in between lemon yellow and cream yellow. A bright, sunny color that is not too in-your-face. But, given your preference for butter-smooth nibs, I'm not sure this pen would be your thing - it has the typical Sailor-style feedback. Try before you buy.

- Pilot Lucina in yellow. It's a very "loud" yellow, drawing a bolder contrast with the black ends. More eye-catching that the Sailor 1911. It's a really sporty-looking pen - it would not look out of place on a racetrack, or on a yacht, etc. The nib is steel but writes rather similarly to the standard (non-soft) 14k #5 Pilot nibs, just a little stiffer and a touch dryer. If you like buttery smooth nibs this would suit you better than the Sailor. I *think* it doesn't take the CON-70, unfortunately, although I have only dip-tested the pen in a shop and have not attempted to fill it myself.

- Pilot Vanishing Point in yellow. My favorite of these three. A brilliant, rich, saturated shade of cadmium yellow. It reminds me of Van Gogh's sunflowers. I didn't buy this pen only because I didn't particularly need or desire a VP (the loud click can be distracting in a quiet office, for instance...) and because I find it a little fat and heavy. Now, if Pilot made a Decimo in this color... :drool:

N.B. - By the way, three different shades of yellow exist for the VP. One of them is a lot more common than the other two - that's the standard medium yellow, and it is what I was describing above. There is another darker shade of yellow, sometimes called "mustard" and sometimes called "deep yellow", but I don't know what Pilot's official name for it is. AFAIK, the deep mustard yellow is a Japan-market exclusive. The third yellow is Mandarin Yellow, rarest of all by dint of being a limited edition from 2003. It is lighter and brighter than the standard medium yellow. Also a gorgeous shade, but if you really want one it will cost you - if you manage to find one, that is.

That's all the yellow pens I've seen and liked.

I probably won't get a yellow pen myself... on the other hand, I'm trying to scratch my own itch for a flamin' red pen. But that's a subject for a different thread ;)

Well TruthPil, for about five seconds there I thought you had a yellow Ariel Kullock P51... :lticaptd:

B'ah! You had to remind me....a nice yellow P51 would definitely be the bees knees.

- Sailor 1911 Yellow. I think this one looks harmonious and elegant - the black ends and gold trim complement the yellow body very nicely, and the shade of yellow is well-chosen too. It's a bit paler than standard medium yellow, somewhere in between lemon yellow and cream yellow. A bright, sunny color that is not too in-your-face. But, given your preference for butter-smooth nibs, I'm not sure this pen would be your thing - it has the typical Sailor-style feedback. Try before you buy.

This one definitely stood out to me as exquisitely designed and a very tasteful yet bold yellow pen. The price is also decent, given what you get. Were I to get one of these (highly unlikely because I don't want to get into another proprietary cartridge/converter issue), I'd probably send it off to a nibsmith to "ruin" the nib so it writes the way I like haha.

I probably won't get a yellow pen myself... on the other hand, I'm trying to scratch my own itch for a flamin' red pen. But that's a subject for a different thread ;)

Oooh yes! I've been all about bright red pens since I became a professor (what better excuse to buy more pens than wanting another "grading pen"?). I'd love to see such a thread!

Pilot Lucina

Apparently no longer available on JetPens but still available on Amazon.

This pen is a serious value at $39. and writes like a pen twice its price. Steel nib. Available in fine and medium nibs.

I have a blue and a red one. I plan on getting a yellow one soon.

post-27357-0-05012200-1525816015.jpeg

post-27357-0-31123200-1525816027.jpeg

Edited by Maurizio

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

https://youtu.be/VkWV76P8i64?t=264

My collection has doubled.

post-142141-0-72936300-1526057991_thumb.jpg

Like a lot of metallic/pearlescent objects, it seems like online photos (including this one) don't completely convey the look of the thing. I won't say the bali citrus plaisir is anywhere close to muted or subdued - it's very brassy - but it's not quite the acid-mustard seen in some pics.

I'd be braver about showing it off in public than it's new friend, there.

Edited by WarrenB

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

Nice! What is that little yellow guy on the left?

That's the Baoer 801, MkII. Decent wee writer, for the price.

Cool, thanks. I think it resembles some NOS Wing Sung pen I saw recently.

My yellow Hero 616-2 arrived today and it's a great writer, but looks small and wimpy next to a Parker 51. I may have to go the Kullock route if I want a bold yellow hooded nib.

Edited by TruthPil

For me without any shadow of a doubt the best looking yellow pen is the Platinum 3776 Nyhavn limited edition. Unfortunately funds don't make a purchase of one possible at present but it is certainly on the list of very desirable pens I'd like, probably in the top three.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

The upper of these will do me for a yellow pen.

fpn_1526091608__modern_magnas.png

Onoto Magna Classic, acrylic and silver with plunge-fill.

X

For me without any shadow of a doubt the best looking yellow pen is the Platinum 3776 Nyhavn limited edition. Unfortunately funds don't make a purchase of one possible at present but it is certainly on the list of very desirable pens I'd like, probably in the top three.

Greg

Very nice. Here's Engeika's photo of this pen:

20160423_f20794.jpg

Kaweco Art Sport Ametricin

fpn_1515542600__20180110_003703-3.jpg

fpn_1515542533__20180110_003632-3.jpg

Stunning! I never thought a classic pocket pen could look so nice. The swirls are particularly nice.

The upper of these will do me for a yellow pen.

fpn_1526091608__modern_magnas.png

Onoto Magna Classic, acrylic and silver with plunge-fill.

That's a classic look, very nice.