The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New J. Herbin Inks For 2018 :-)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Michael R.

Michael R.

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:57

P1260770.jpg

Those were purchased at the Papier und Stift store close by to our place yesterday. Cannot wait to try them out later today ...

Cheers

Michael

Sponsored Content

#2 Fatalpotato

Fatalpotato

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:18

Those colors look intriguing but I always prefer ink on paper than in bottle :D it would be nice to see these on paper as well

#3 MrsHobie

MrsHobie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:13

"vert de gris" looks interesting to me ... I'll stay tuned ;)

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?
my tiny shop is open  and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

#4 Michael R.

Michael R.

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,947 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:33

P1260787.jpg

More close-up pictures: here

Cheers

Michael

#5 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:59

Nice colors. Of course, it's J.Herbin.

» Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and... and screaming. «

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,865 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 21:04

Hmm.  That Bleu de Profondeur looks quite nice.  I'd have to see the Bleu Calanque in person.  

The other ones?  Meh.  The colors don't interest me (and the Vert de Gris was really disappointing -- looks a lot like Edelstein Aquamarine).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#7 Olya

Olya

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 21:25

Very good! Seems JH is stepping up their game a bit and adding to their regular line. High time too, seems they've been asleep aside from introducing the glitter inks. They once were reputed to have the greatest selection of coloured inks for fpens but to me it seems they were resting on their laurels, Diamine, Sailor, Pilot et al have long surpassed them in the department of colours available... Good that JH is finally catching up!

#8 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 21:28

The Corail des Tropiques (Tropical Coral) ink is exactly like the coral you see in antique baby rattles.

It looks more of a orange than a red. 

I take it that Rouge Grenat is Garnet Red. It looks rather like blood, doesn't it? Just the sort of colour a bank manager of old might have used to inform an unfortunate customer they were over-drawn.................

Garnet just happens to be the birth stone for January, the month I was born in.

Vert de Gris looks rather like a bad storm.

I can't say that i'd want to buy any of these colours. Not a lot of use for them & also I don't know how the colours would shift in the light. I wouldn't give the Tropical Coral more than a month before it disappeared entirely.

#9 pseudo88

pseudo88

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,270 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 14:33

Thanks for this! Written examples would be greatly appreciated. Corail is looking close to Fuyu Gaki, Vert de Gris... R&K Verdigris.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#10 inotrym

inotrym

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 876 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 14:40

Thanks for the heads up!

J.Herbin was one of the first brands I tried and loved. It was about time they came up with something new. :)

#11 Intensity

Intensity

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:52

Bleu Calanque is right up my alley. Could you please do a water resistance test with some water droplets and dabbing them away with a tissue?

#12 RoyalBlueNotebooks

RoyalBlueNotebooks

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,488 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:36

Thanks for this! Written examples would be greatly appreciated. Corail is looking close to Fuyu Gaki, Vert de Gris... R&K Verdigris.

Vert de gris doesn't look like RK verdigris in my view. RK is way more saturated and darker.
I agree that written samples would be great!

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks, 08 May 2018 - 06:40.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

#13 Torrilin

Torrilin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:41

Grenat is pomegranate in French. Maybe a bit less pink than the inspiration, and probably less staining. Not that that’s hard! Feels like a nice counterpoint to Rouge Caroubier, especially since the other Herbin reds are much pinker and cooler toned.

The vert de gris might be a fun off black. I’ll have to try it out myself to see if I like it in my pens.

If the bleu calanque shades nicely, it might be interesting, but probably only cartridge scale.

#14 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 16:25

Grenat is pomegranate in French. Maybe a bit less pink than the inspiration, and probably less staining. Not that that’s hard! Feels like a nice counterpoint to Rouge Caroubier, especially since the other Herbin reds are much pinker and cooler toned.

The vert de gris might be a fun off black. I’ll have to try it out myself to see if I like it in my pens.

If the bleu calanque shades nicely, it might be interesting, but probably only cartridge scale.

No, grenat is the stone - garnet in english. A pomegranat is a grenade in french. The weapon is named after the fruit by the french. So watch out what you order on the black market. ;)

» Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and... and screaming. «

#15 gmax

gmax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2018 - 17:17

These colours look really nice. Thanks for showing them  :)

#16 eharriett

eharriett

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,034 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2018 - 00:51

Nice colors.  Be interested to see how they shake out once it gets to the states.

#17 Noihvo

Noihvo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:04

fpn_1526018657__img_3904.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

#18 radellaf

radellaf

KC4AQC

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:01

Does anyone know when these might arrive in the USA?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 tropicalwitch

tropicalwitch

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:57

I'll likely get a sample (if not a bottle) of Vert de Gris. I'm a sucker for patina.

#20 radellaf

radellaf

KC4AQC

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:57

I'll probably get them all, dunno about 10 or 30mL, but pen chalet has a good price on the 30 and says they'll have them "in July."  JetPens "thanks me for my suggestion" but doesn't confirm they'll carry them (but you know they will).  Goulet has them listed and swabbed with a "coming in June" label.

The 10mL are really cute, don't take up much space, and might give me half a chance to finish a "bottle" in 2018.   Not as cute as the 15mL Iro, of course.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sponsored Content

|