The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Any Experience With Montblanc Heritage Rollerball?

montblanc heritage rollerball lamy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wpj_ole

wpj_ole

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:53

Hi guys!
Im looking forwards to adding easy-to-use and simple-looking non-fountain pen to my daily use. (Jotting, sometimes on not-so-good paper).

Ive narrowed down to the list below-
1. Lamy 2000 (with g2 refill)
2. Montblanc Heritage 1912 (black or stainless steel)
3. Montblanc ultra black classique ballpoint

I love how montblanc ultra black looks, but am not sure if I like that showy white star. Sort of feel too monogram-ish. Anyone use Monteverde capless gel refill MB ballpoint? How do you find it?

Also, would appreciate any experience you have with Montblanc Heritage 1912. Is the stainless steel marks prone? Slippery? If so Ill have to cross it out and consider just the normal black version.

So doing my own math, I would love to consider all four, but specifically Lamy 2000, and MB black heritage 1912. Thoughts please! Thank you (:

Sponsored Content

#2 Field_Marshal

Field_Marshal

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 23:07

Hello wpj_ole,

I just got the MontBlanc Heritage 1912 black version. I love it, it is a really good pen. I find it extremely smooth and nice to write with. I would recommend it. My only complaint is that it uses a special capless rollerball system, there are very few MontBlanc pens that use this refill system, so it can be tricky but not too hard to get. I have found that you can open the top of one up and refill it with a jar of ink, so you don't have to keep buying new refills. I hope that this helps.

Field_Marshal

#3 Studio97

Studio97

Studio97

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:19

I have refilled classic MB rollerball refills a few times before they start leaking. Don't overfill. but saved a lot of money doing this.

Edited by Studio97, 21 May 2018 - 01:20.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, heritage, rollerball, lamy

Sponsored Content

|